Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

When you receive insults

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
How do you react when you receive insults on the internet?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Report it depending on what the insults are. Look to a moderator or an administrator for help. Don't take matters into your own hands. Don't reply to them. Consider the conversation over between you and that member.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
It depends tbh, if it's in a forum or social media.

In social media i couldn't care less. If it's a forum then i might try to reply and i would show some willingness to talk the situation before doing what @Terminated suggested.. if the case goes worse then i will proceed to ignore all of that member's posts.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
It's simple, here's an example, in my highschool we were debating over pro-feminism and after my turn this girl said, "ok let me add this to the list of things I don't give a fuck about". I replied with "neither did God when he made you". She was pale, everybody was laughing.

How to react to insults against your peers? Counter insult.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
For these folks, I’ve decided I won’t waste my time responding. In fact, for haters who can’t engage in respectful ways, I’ll ignore them and I’ll feel good about doing it.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
I used to receive hateful e-mails in the early 2000's from people that didn't like one of my sites. lol I even got actual death threats. I ignored them. lol

As for forums, it's only happened a couple times, and I let the mods take care of it. One time though, I did make a reply, then never returned to that site. Nothing insulting, I just had to get some stuff off my chest.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Just ignore it. People are always gonna run their mouths, and what they usually say has no actual bearing in reality... so it's easy to dismiss what trolls and such say

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
Depends on where it is & how severe. If it's on another forum & it's bordering on abuse or harassment, I will report it. If people don't like me, that is fine. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. I may think on it to see if there's something I can change, to better my own self. Other than that, I try not to let it go round & round & focus on the people who DO matter to me.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I generally try to be reasonable with people who want to argue, as I don't always know if the person wants to just debate, or if they actually are insulting me if they write something out that took thought. If it is obvious that the person is attacking me, just to attack me, then I would do my best to remove myself from the situation; whether it be by blocking the person (like on facebook or forums that have the ability), or by potentially reporting them or banning them, based on the situation.