Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Where do you purchase your phone?

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
It is possible to buy them second-hand and many often do, but for me, this raises a lot of questions. I would worry about purchasing a stolen phone or where it even came from.

I prefer purchasing it brand new from a phone provider. It is even possible to buy the phone in one go and then pay for a sim only contract. This is much cheaper to do overtime generally if you think about it.

Funkel

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Website
www.minecom.org
Hubux
$1,388
Winbux
$0.00
I am buying my Phone also from my Provider

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I will always buy a new phone. I usually buy it on contract from Carphone Warehouse but this year I decided to go for the S20 and just bought it outright because I got some amazing discounts. So this time I bought it from Very instead (pre-ordered actually).

Last edited:

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I rather buy my own phone outright then stick the sim in :) that why you can say that you fully own your own phone outright. Less cost in contracts and you aren't stuck. that way you can use it for 5 years or more or for live till the phone is dead and just get a new phone with the same sim.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Had to edit my post because I forgot that I did not buy my phone from Samsung but actually sent in my old phone to them instead to get money back.

I bought my latest one on very. Have to finish paying it off soon.
Bought my S20 from Very as well because they gave me 20% off. That was a massive discount for a brand new phone.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Had to edit my post because I forgot that I did not buy my phone from Samsung but actually sent in my old phone to them instead to get money back.

Bought my S20 from Very as well because they gave me 20% off. That was a massive discount for a brand new phone.

Bought mine in a sale on there too. Just paid the last of it off yesterday. Least that's one less bill to worry about.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
It depends. Usually, I'll purchase my phone brand new from the likes of John Lewis or Currys PC World. Before making a decision, I tend to read reviews on what other customers think first.