Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Wi-Fi Password

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The wireless routers that we receive usually list the default Wi-Fi password on the back of them. But have you ever bothered to change the default Wi-Fi password? Or do you not bother with that?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
have you ever bothered to change the default Wi-Fi password?
Yes after I read this:

Is the default Wi-Fi password safe?

Attackers can find and remotely access about one in 16 internet-connected home wi-fi routers using the manufacturer's default admin password, a Comparitech study has found. Victims could be at risk of eavesdropping, malware, hijacking, and more.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Anything can be hacked. I don't know how to change my password. I've only given it out to my kids and my girlfriend to connect our devices.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Don't bother no, I think most of the people in my area are so old they wouldn't even have laptops/computers themselves, let alone knowledge to take advantage of default passwords.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I don't bother changing mine either. When we move to a new ISP, the new password that comes with the router is usually just a long random string with letters and numbers so I would assume it's pretty hard to guess that.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I don't bother changing mine either. When we move to a new ISP, the new password that comes with the router is usually just a long random string with letters and numbers so I would assume it's pretty hard to guess that.

As long as it isn't anything default that is posted all over the internet, you should be fine.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I have in the past gone into the router settings and changed the name and password for my router to make it easier for everyone in the house and even family or friends when they visit to connect to the internet without it being a pain.

I will admit that since getting my new router, I have not changed either and do need to as it can be a pain not remembering the password and having to mess about with the router to access the password.