Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Wish you didn't have to work?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you ever wish you didn't have to work?

I wish I had a few million dollars in the bank so I can lounge around my place without a care in the world.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I would love to not have to work. But unfortunately my hubby and I have bills to pay.

I wouldn't mind having a job where I could work from home. I would have loved working remotely during the pandemic but my job was considered "essential" so we continued to work at the building.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Yes and no.. I think I'd probably get bored after a while.

I'd quite like to live without the pressure of having to work, and just be able to volunteer my time doing worthwhile projects that I enjoy. The bonus being that if I don't feel like going one day for whatever reason, I don't have to.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Every day I have to work. Then again, after a few days off in a row with nothing to do I get really bored. I just wish I had to work less.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Definitely. I don't hate my job and I'm pretty happy at my current place but I honestly would love to never have to work again. Just being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want would be so much fun!

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Definitely. I don't hate my job and I'm pretty happy at my current place but I honestly would love to never have to work again. Just being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want would be so much fun!

I would like to have a job where I didn't hate going to work everyday. That would be nice. But I've got a bunch of applications out there. I had one interview over the phone this past Friday.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I would like to have a job where I didn't hate going to work everyday. That would be nice. But I've got a bunch of applications out there. I had one interview over the phone this past Friday.
To be fair, I think that's the case for a lot of people around the world so don't feel too bad about it. The majority of people will hate their work but do it for the money. It's not easy finding something you like, unfortunately.

Hopefully one of those applications ends up being for a job you end up loving :)

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
To be fair, I think that's the case for a lot of people around the world so don't feel too bad about it. The majority of people will hate their work but do it for the money. It's not easy finding something you like, unfortunately.

Hopefully one of those applications ends up being for a job you end up loving :)

Thank you. I'm still looking. I hope to be out of the place I currently work in before we get into the official "Christmas" season because it can be brutal during that time of year.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00

I've always been a homebody & never enjoyed the past jobs that I had. I'm pretty comfortable with the job I have now, it's NOT near as chaotic as my past jobs were. But like you said. I'm just one of many people in it for the paycheck.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I don't know about that. I'd struggle to find a sense of purpose in my life if I wasn't working at all - and besides, I need to occupy myself!

If I did have a few million pounds in my bank account, I'd probably still work part-time (more so that I'm not bored than for the money).

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I don't know about that. I'd struggle to find a sense of purpose in my life if I wasn't working at all - and besides, I need to occupy myself!

If I did have a few million pounds in my bank account, I'd probably still work part-time (more so that I'm not bored than for the money).

If I had as much money as that in my bank account, I could find something to occupy my time with. I would not only have plenty of time to read but I could focus more time on my blog. I could find a way to make money off my blog full time and just make that my job.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00

Honestly this is how I feel also. Sure, first and foremost a job is to put food on the table, but besides that it can help just provide a bit of stability by ensuring you have a routine etc, and tbh I think people just start feeling depressed if they're watching netflix all day because that's when your mind starts to wander and focus on stuff that brings you down - with a job you don't really have time to worry about things like that.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Nah. Honestly I like working. It gives me something to do each day, and it makes me feel productive.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Most of the times i enjoy working, you know, going to the office and meeting new people helps you grow and learn a lot of stuff, so i'd say my life wouldn't be complete, also there's lots of work types like working for improving your house, paint the walls etc.. if you don't do any of that you'll always need someone by your side to help you out in that kind of situations.