Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Your Experience Running a Hosting Biz

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
What are some strategies for being successful? How was your attempt? Myself, I found it to be a saturated market. In fact, even low prices are not convincing to buyers.

Well, looking back, some improvements might be emphasizing some free SSL deal like Let's Encrypt or maybe offering a free trial. Nonetheless, Let's Encrypt wasn't available then and many reseller offers won't allow you to give away hosting.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I find “budget” hosts to be unreliable so I avoid them. I go for a mid-cost option usually, so if I were starting a hosting business, I would aim at that market.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I've always wanted to run a hosting business. It seems like a fun thing to do from the outside. But I guess it's not so much right now because of how many hosting sites there are out there, especially at such competitive prices.

I guess the most important thing is to have good customer service so no one is disappointed with your services.