Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Yahoo Geocities, Angelfire and Tripod

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I don't know how many of you remember this era. I was kid at that time and I used to enjoy reading those small blogs and sites made by people around the world.
It was fun to try out some of those sites and learn about different people and the culture in general.
Have you ever checked these sites before they getting closed?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I remember GeoCities and shame it got shut down after 22 years. :(

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I love this topic! It definitely takes me back, I really do miss those days I could just spend hours creating websites and blogs using those tools. I remember dabbling in all three of those. Does anyone remember expresspages as well?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I used to love shit like geocities and freewebs back in the day... hell that's where I made my first site.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,413
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Those were really fun places to hang out at...but wow, some of them were entirely obnoxious with the graphics, the appearance and the blinking images! I can't go back to something like that but it was new at the time and interesting to stumble into. I think I visited the Geocities sites more than Angelfire or Tripod. Were there more of those sites, does anyone know?

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
This is a major issue with the internet and why we should never let print media die out. A book is printed and copies are distributed around the world and in some form somewhere the information remains, a fixed point of knowledge from the time it was written. With the internet that isn't fact, it is too easy for it to be edited at a later point and it is too easy for it to be taken down.