Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Archive Webpages

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I most of the time use the archive.org website to take the snapshot of the images of the website. And it works out for me to store the instance of the webpage.
I am wondering how many of the websites also take their own such snapshots to store the website instance for years.
other than archive do you know similar free services?

Do you know any such archive websites?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
USed it, but it's hard to get a good image of your old site back in the day. It's like the theme and CSS is all messed up at the time. Seems that doesn't work for everyone. I used it for playing around looking at other sites like google :p

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah I've used them to look at some of my older websites that I used to run, and also a couple communities that have been around since my childhood I was a member on. As @Empire mentioned, the issue is usually with broken CSS but some snapshots aren't that bad. I managed to get a 2005 snap-shot of the famous modding community se7ensins and sent pictures to the owner which I had talked to. Sure he's seen it many times but was impressive to me to look back after all those years.

Not sure of any of the same services, as they would of already had to be around for many years and would be (to my knowledge) incredibly difficult to get a snapshot if you were new.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I love sites like webarchive who hold the history of the internet seriously.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I can spend a good amount of time on archive looking at old forums I used to be a member of, but as mentioned a lot of the time the CSS is borked.
Theres a lot of stuff on that website, even outside of just webpages, which makes it a pretty handy resource.