Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

ASUS TUF & ROG Laptops

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I have been thinking about getting the ROG or the TUF series of the laptops from the ASUS. But I am not sure about the laptops being good enough for the everyday content creation work. I understand that some people are saying there are thermal problems. But I am not personally have tested that in my routine work.

Do you think ASUS laptops are good for content creation, video and small amount of gaming?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
They are both still good :) I always used Asus brands. The difference is the price. Both gaming related and both will do the same job however the Tuf is the cheaper range to the Rog. WIth the Rog you are expecting to get better build, better performance, and also higher specs, TUF is is for those that want a gaming range of tech but doesn't have the extra cash.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
They are both still good :) I always used Asus brands. The difference is the price. Both gaming related and both will do the same job however the Tuf is the cheaper range to the Rog. WIth the Rog you are expecting to get better build, better performance, and also higher specs, TUF is is for those that want a gaming range of tech but doesn't have the extra cash.

good to know, always figured they were the same but just different models.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I don't fancy notebooks or laptops for heavy duty everyday.

TUF are more budget friendly tho, i'd pick those.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
What are the price points people would be looking at for these systems?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$431
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Ahh, That's a little too rich for my blood :p

For a portable system with these specs the price it's okay, i won't say it's budget friendly but somehow i feel that it's somehow around what you can invest in a new hardware.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've got a ROG Zephyrus that I am using as I type this up. I've had it since May, and it's been doing fine so far! Though I do find it odd that Retroarch chokes when it comes to emulating Sega stuff on this laptop, but it runs fine with my older laptops. Perhaps I just need to look into Retroarch settings since standalone emulators run fine on here...