Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ban for ban

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Have you ever retaliated against a ban by banning that user on your own site as well? Or do you prefer to not stoop down to that level?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
I stopped getting banned around the time I started my forum.

There was something similar that happened, but not me trying to retaliate in that fashion.

There was a forum admin that was… a character. The guy was crazy and very immature. He was also pretty notorious for going on forums and starting shit.

Iirc after he banned me and another popular user, another user went on my forum. Well the admin found out and was LIVID and registered on my site. Knowing his history I banned him on sight.

That pissed him off even more and created a second account, and he immediately started shit. I banned him a second time. This guy actually stalked me on several forums for awhile.

I could go on about this guy for hours. Though I’ll just end this by saying he loves planning his “ops” on the publicly accessible part of his forum, and he’s baffled that people figure it out so quickly.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

There was something similar that happened, but not me trying to retaliate in that fashion.

There was a forum admin that was… a character. The guy was crazy and very immature. He was also pretty notorious for going on forums and starting shit.

Iirc after he banned me and another popular user, another user went on my forum. Well the admin found out and was LIVID and registered on my site. Knowing his history I banned him on sight.

That pissed him off even more and created a second account, and he immediately started shit. I banned him a second time. This guy actually stalked me on several forums for awhile.

I could go on about this guy for hours. Though I’ll just end this by saying he loves planning his “ops” on the publicly accessible part of his forum, and he’s baffled that people figure it out so quickly.
I'll never understand why people want others to share their hatred and grudges. The fact he didn't like that another user joined your site is just silly ?
I don’t get involved in forum drama, but I have been banned from TAZ without warning for spam, when all I did was post my forum in the community showcase…??
I hate forums that are too strict with their rules and guidelines. Did you try to find out why it was marked as spam?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
I'll never understand why people want others to share their hatred and grudges. The fact he didn't like that another user joined your site is just silly ?
That site had a strange cast of characters. They were all rejects that were all banned off of some massive forum. There was some initial forum they all joined, but most of them hated each other, so it created a destructive cycle.

One of them would create a forum, end up banning so many people the traffic died, and they would shut the site down to join the new forum and rinse and repeat. There would also be more than one forum existing at the same time, and they would raid each other and everyone would get banned.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00

I hate forums that are too strict with their rules and guidelines. Did you try to find out why it was marked as spam?
Nah, the place isn’t worth the drama IMO. Who wants to be part of a community like that..? ?

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00

He sounds like an absolute nutcase!
I don't think I've ever been banned on a forum before. Maybe tomorrow!

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
You had that guy on your old forum that called me a nut job, and then talked about how he cyber stalked me and thought he doxxed me and shit.

Right, and I’m the crazy one

Yeah he was an absolute nutcase.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,413
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I personally will not ban someone just because he banned me on his forum. I'll watch his behavior though, for sure, because obviously he has issues with me and if he's so insecure that he needs to ban me, then he'll probably cause some problems on my forum. I'm very careful about following rules.

The Hulk

Hulk Smash
Reaction score
Hubux
$857
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
I will not han someone if they banned me. If they ban me they must have had a reason for it. They probably don't also warrant the same treatment.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
If I was banned on a forum I would not stoop as low as to ban them in return just out of spite, unless they did something that was ban-worthy such as cause issues or make like difficult I would allow them to be on my forum if they wished to be.

Unfortunately, this is not the case with some and many do tend to retaliate in this way.