Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Bullied

Welcome! You have been invited by Lämmchen to join our community. Please click here to register.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Have you ever been bullied in school?

If yes, for what and how did you handle it?

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I was bullied quite a bit in middle school. I didn't handle well. Mostly I just sought out fights "to get even" but they didn't help my popularity.

Really the only way to stop bullying is simply to man up and become strong. Fighting isn't the key I think, but rather showing a silent threat of force - which can just be becoming more strong physically, mentally.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I was bullied at a middle school in Arkansas. However when I moved back to my hometown in Missouri, I was never bullied in high school.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I was bullied for a while in school but then it stopped as I went into high school.

Jayson

Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Even women bully boyfriends, known as "testing". If that's ok in the relationship articles on the net, then why the condemnation of bullying? Fact is, plenty of people bully - like drill instructors, managers etc.. Again, the key is not reacting to it where you come across as weak. Always remember, people don't always say what they really mean.

However, I do think bullying can cross the line at points. When it gets too severe, then obviously laws/rules are going to be broken - and outside people will have to intervene.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Even women bully boyfriends, known as "testing".

I've been through that before in my marriage and in one other relationship. That's not just bullying. That's also sociopathic behavior. Sociopath's also resort to gas lighting when you stand up to them or don't give them what they want. So they tear you down and make you question your sanity and your ways. When in a relationship, they can be successful in pulling your emotional strings so that a lot of their mind games work. They're also for the most part unreliable both financially and emotionally in the relationship when it comes to long term. If you're with anyone remotely like that, I'd walk out on them if I were you. If there's one thing I've learned from my divorce, I can smell bullshit a mile away and I do not tolerate it from any woman. I don't care if she looks like a super model. I'll walk out on her faster than she can blink.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I was bullied in 7th grade. I hated going to school during that time. But the other girls that were responsible for bullying me moved away and the bullying stopped.

Jayson

Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Bullies etc.. can have a sweet side. I mean, sociopaths, psychopaths' are people needing prayer I think. You're literally dealing the devil himself/herself.

Well, I'm saying there is a pure side to some of them, but it's just not all the time.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,504
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
I wasn't bullied that much in school. My issues were more esoteric. I had ADD in elementary school, so that made it difficult to keep up with the work. Then, starting in middle school and getting orders of magnitude worse in high school, was my Bi-Polar disorder. I also suffer from extreme paranoia, anxiety, and clinical depression. I was eventually expelled in 11th grade after a nervous breakdown and what the school called "bizarre behavior".

I don't know if being bullied a lot would be worse or not..... :cry:

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,504
Winbux
$0.00
sociopaths, psychopaths' are people needing prayer
Seriously? Next you are going to tell me that the medication I take for my bi-polar isn't needed, and I just need to accept Jesus. No thanks. I'm an Atheist.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,504
Winbux
$0.00
My issues were primarily esoteric. I had almost constant anxiety and couldn't focus on my school work. I was eventually taken out of school in 11th grade. I didn't care....

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, I was but it was just normal and not very serious and they stopped bullying after some time and we became friends