Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Calming anger

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
How do you successfully calm your anger?
Interesting question,

Though I quite simply get away from the problem as much as possible. Say go up to my room (taking food with me if needed) or going on a walk even outside to the mere neighborhood.

That is usually enough to de elesicate the situation.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Usually with heavy music like Anthrax, Vio-lence, Coroner, Death or similars.. it's been like that for decades. Also having a nice leisure mini trip helps a lot.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
How do you successfully calm your anger?

I don't think I ever did stop my anger. I spent 11 years fighting with my ex wife only to come out of it burned out, mentally and emotionally. During the marriage, I was on anti depressants to help keep me mellowed out.

And when the divorce was finalized and I was living alone. I decided that the triggers that had been there were gone. What was the point of being doped up all of the time on prescription drugs? So I got off of the medicine. I haven't had an episode in almost 2 years. I'm with a wonderful woman now.

I haven't snapped at her or gotten upset. She is far far different than my ex wife ever was and I'm still not used to it. It's a good thing. But I'm just used to coming home and dealing with drama and stress. And this woman doesn't do that to me. I'm not used to it yet. But I like it.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I try to do something else to keep myself busy like take a walk or listen to music. Usually after the walk I realize it's literally not worth it or wonder why I was so mad in the first place because it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore.

D

Deleted member 268

Self-awareness.

If I can catch myself before I tip over the edge, then I can stop myself from getting angry. Not internally, but externally. I will rage inside but obviously it keeps confrontation to a low.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
When I get angry, I may take a deep breath and then walk away. After that, to calm my mind, I listen to some of my favorite music.