Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Christmas shopping....?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
How soon do you start your Christmas shopping? Do you wait to the last minute or do you try to do it early? Or are you somewhere in between?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I like to keep my eye open for things when November is coming to an end. But most of my shopping is done mid-way through December. I love the Christmas spirit so it's always nice to go shopping when everyone is out and about shopping for presents as well.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
November is the best month to buy stuff. A lot of businesses put everything on sale for christmas restock.

I always buy new clothes during that month :)

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Just a week or two before it actually happens, I don't need to do much.

WARNING TO EVERYONE!

Seriously, think about it, I expect this holiday to be utter hell thanks to covid, I say get your shopping done now or started less you can't get anything this holiday.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a person that works in retail so I don't want to get out and do my Christmas shopping during the month of December with everyone else because I'm already working in it all day. So I like to do my Christmas shopping early. I'll try to do it in September/October. During that time, people are focusing on getting their kids back into school and then focusing on Halloween so I'm staying a step ahead of everyone else. That way I can wrap presents and put them under the tree when I get that put up.

But I'm kind of thinking Demon_skeith might have a point. I don't want to wait till the last minute anyway to get my Christmas shopping done because of the Covid-19.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I had in mind to but a 144Hz 1ms monitor for my auto-christmas present but i don't know if that's gonna be possible because of Covid :(

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
I usually give cash, it saves the trouble of trying to figure out what to get people, they can just go and buy themselves something, from me. :p

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Normally I am a last minute shopper, however this year I want to get everything done by the end of november.

At least that is what I keep telling myself lol.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
My hubby's birthday is exactly 2 weeks after Christmas. So I usually purchase his birthday present at the same time I'm doing my Christmas shopping. I'll have it all laid out at home and just decide which present to give him at Christmas and which one to give him on his b-day. It's much easier that way than scrambling around as soon as Christmas is over and trying to find his b-day present then.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I wait till early to mid December before I start Christmas shopping. I did that last year. But I'm planning on upping my game this year. Probably do it earlier and have my kids write down everything they want. They don't believe in Santa anymore. They believe I'm Santa lol. So I'll be busy getting them what they want.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I've started my Christmas shopping this week. The only difficult part is when I go shopping for my hubby, I have to figure out a place to hid all his stuff from him in this house. There may be some things he may figure out what they are even if they're wrapped already.