Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you do your own coding?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I rely heavily on templates and the work of programmers for my websites and forums. How about you? Do you do your own coding?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
In my respective, I lost it now. All that work at college in ICT web development. But if you think about it, now it's easy. Forums/software are done for you. Plugins left to right are being made and there for you to buy and use.

You can set up amazing sites with WordPress and people can't tell it is WordPress ;P If you know around the server to admin to just everything then BANG.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I did lots of plugins for Invision Power Board ages ago, but since i started programming also for a living.. i lost interest in doing this stuff for free :p

when i had my project, i would donwload templates and skins to learn how to do it. So yeah, if it's something for my use i use my own coding.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I did lots of plugins for Invision Power Board ages ago, but since i started programming also for a living.. i lost interest in doing this stuff for free :p
Cool, what Plugins did you do then? and you interested in going back

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I do bits and pieces of my own stuff with XenForo, and have released some of that work..

Other bits I've opted to keep to myself, largely because they're edits of existing add-ons.. ?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
For my forum, other than some simple HTML and CSS stuff, I don't do any coding. For my portfolio though that I'm currently working on, I am doing things myself although even that is built with Bootstrap as a sort of "starter template"

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
It depends, our themes for example I didn't do from the ground up and are basically just recolors of the default Xenforo theme with modified headers.
As far as addons/plugins though, I've developed a number by myself, and also modified some existing ones by other devs. But a lot of the addons we have installed I didn't make and haven't really touched outside of maybe some slight template tweaks.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It depends, our themes for example I didn't do from the ground up and are basically just recolors of the default Xenforo theme with modified headers.
As far as addons/plugins though, I've developed a number by myself, and also modified some existing ones by other devs. But a lot of the addons we have installed I didn't make and haven't really touched outside of maybe some slight template tweaks.
Your add-on collection is honestly one of my favourites which makes you my favourite XF add-on developer. Every single one is perfect and adds something really fun to our forums :)

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Your add-on collection is honestly one of my favourites which makes you my favourite XF add-on developer. Every single one is perfect and adds something really fun to our forums :)
That makes me so happy to hear!! Programming was just something I picked up during lockdown, I still have a lot to learn but I'm delighted other people can benefit from it.