Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you subscribe to any weather apps?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I do, I use CARROT Weather for iOS and Android and I am OBSESSED.

This is one app I will never unsubscribe to. I love the personality it has as well as the customizability of the app as well as how the app looks. It really needs an update on Android cause while it works, it hasn't been updated in over a year, almost at 2 years (in April). Just like this reviewer said in Nov 2021:
Moved from iPhone to Android and the iOS version is so much better. The Android version is stripped down and does not have most of the options iOS Carrot has. Please, get the Android version up to par with the iOS version. Loved it on my iPhone, but the Android version is heavily lacking. Update: contacted company and asked when the Android version would get feature updates. They responded with "we're working on it". Over a month later and still no updates. Just lost a subscriber. -1 star
The dev is a single person so I get why he hasn't, iOS alone is a lot of work. I just don't get why he doesn't pull it from the Play Store in general.

He is very responsive on iOS though and has fixed many stupid mistakes I've made with the widgets and caused the Feels temperature to show up instead of the actual temperature. lol

What about you?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have my local weather app on my phone.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
No subscriptions for me. I just use the BBC Weather website or the native weather app when I need to check the weather. I'm not someone that needs to know the weather all the time and don't really care if they get it wrong on the free versions.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I've never heard of Carrot weather before.

I don't subscribe to any apps. I do subscribe to Pollen.com and like getting the daily emails with the alerts set up for when certain allergens are high. Nowadays it's reflecting Juniper - it's a great cue to take my allergy pill daily.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Thank you for posting this. As a seasonal allergy sufferer, I'm going to get this app.

Have you ever been tested for allergens? It cost me around $200 but I feel like it's absolutely worth it. I used to suffer from pneumonia and bronchitis annually because I had let my allergies get so bad. Knowing what I'm sensitive allows me to take extra precautions when certain pollen levels are up. I'm basically allergic to all dry grasses. Thankfully I don't have any food allergies.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
No subscriptions, why would I have an subscriptions when you can have free :)

Most apps on phones come with their own weather anyway, free and end of the day you only use it for a min to be able to check what the weather is going to be. In fact, I do not even check the weather. I will be home all day and no need to check, the end of the day you can't control the weather anyway as you have no choice to be out on that nice sunny day or snowing day.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
Nah not too bothered, knowing the weather in advance isn't usually critical to me and anytime I do I'll just google it instead.
I agree.
I never check the weather until the day of or the night before. When I do check the weather I just type in the weather for the location on google and it easily pops up.
So no I don't subscribe to any apps.