Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

E-Reader or Paperback?

Uncrowned Guard

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
uncrownedempire.com
Hubux
$957
Winbux
$0.00
I have a kindle and I am very fond of Boox devices, but I find it very hard to choose eink over a physical book. This is odd as my biggest issue for not being able to read as much as I can, is not having my book with me lol.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I have a Kindle as well. I do love the convenience of the e-reader but I must say I do prefer the feeling of a physical book. There is something about reading that last page and glancing at the book in hand knowing that I completed every page.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I prefer regular books, I have tried a kindle and after a few months I ended up stepping on it one morning while I was getting clumsily out of bed and I have been using books ever since. I like seeing the page numbers and feeling the paper of the book and the smell I'm I purist I guess but I understand that it's convenient for others I just like having an actual copy in my hands

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Get an e-reader for convenience and portability. It won't stop you from buying physical books. I've had an old Sony PRS-505 for years and gotten a lot of use out of it. I have been considering updating to the Nook Glowlight. Dealing with the unlit Sony has been problematic. I think the built-in illumination will be worth the extra cost.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Get an e-reader for convenience and portability. It won't stop you from buying physical books. I've had an old Sony PRS-505 for years and gotten a lot of use out of it. I have been considering updating to the Nook Glowlight. Dealing with the unlit Sony has been problematic. I think the built-in illumination will be worth the extra cost.
Do they still make nooks? For some reason I thought they were discontinued.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
the Nook Glowlight
Good luck finding one: Barnes and Noble discontinued them in the summer of 2020. At the very least, Lenovo is a more trusted brand name. Recently, it is been hard to come by Nook e-readers. The Nook Glowlight 3 and Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8 have been out of stock on the Barnes and Noble website and most stores are completely sold out.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
It's far more convenient for me to read e-books. They are often cheaper, and you don't have to find storage for a ton of books. ^^

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer physical books over e-books. I try to opt for hardcovers when possible for the simple fact that, while they are more expensive, they last longer than the paperbacks I have. I have several guides for my state in paperback & wish they had come in hardcover. The binding is being torn away, covers ripped.
I’d recommend hardcovers if people are going to use the book often, like the guides.

sunflowerlover

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,732
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer regular books, I have tried a kindle and after a few months I ended up stepping on it one morning while I was getting clumsily out of bed and I have been using books ever since. I like seeing the page numbers and feeling the paper of the book and the smell I'm I purist I guess but I understand that it's convenient for others I just like having an actual copy in my hands
I second that,there is nothing better than having an actual book in your hands.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer paperback though I am also beginning to read some ebooks which I find online.