Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Family Tech Support

Welcome! You have been invited by MrDawn to join our community. Please click here to register.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Are you the tech support for your family members? Do you get bugged by everyone whenever a small problem occurs on their personal devices?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Just the opposite. I'm always asking my brother for help when I have problems. lol

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Unfortunately, I am the tech support for my family. I don't mind it most of the time but sometimes it's stuff that I've already taught them so it gets a bit annoying lol

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Also the family tech person as well, I don't mind, makes me useful compared to my brothers that are good with hammers and paint brushes.
A good combination I guess. You do the tech support whilst they help with any handiwork around the house ?.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Yep, always the first point of contact for tech problems. Never fails.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Unfortunately, I am the tech support for my family. I don't mind it most of the time but sometimes it's stuff that I've already taught them so it gets a bit annoying lol
This was always the part that bugged me as well, a lot of the time it's not a matter of not knowing, but not wanting to do it themselves lol.

I'm only tech support sometimes, my dad is savvy enough that I don't get asked by my immediate family that much - maybe once a year I'm asked to sort out an auntie's laptop though, but I get paid for it so I don't mind.