Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How do you get your news?

The Hulk

Hulk Smash
Reaction score
Hubux
$857
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
For me it's mostly through a New Zealand app and anything breaking news related sends a notification to my phone otherwise I can check the app for the rest of the news.

Sometimes I'll watch the nightly one hour news.

I never bother with newspapers anymore.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,413
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I've stopped listening to most of the news because it's so twisted anyway and we're being manipulated by the media so that we hear what they want us to hear. And we don't hear it all, or we don't hear both sides.

I saw recently that someone is getting a feed from a news source that actually gives both sides and lets you decide. I think that's pretty cool so I might try to find that.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$868
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I've got notifications enabled on my phone for the main news sources that I depend on, like the local news station, and then a couple reliable national ones. I also listen to a number of podcasts that discuss current events, like The Daily.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
I use the Sky News app. And sometimes watch the news when I have five minutes spare.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I always used to watch the news daily but the more I watched it, the more I found it was making me feel down due to how much bad news and awful things happening in the world that were being reported.

Now I tend to either find out the news through listening to a radio station I may be listening to which is usually a Christmas one around Christmas time or if I make a quick check on my local news website and also Sky News for the latest news.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I mostly get the news online. I watch the online newsletter of Nikkei Asia, the website of CNN, BBC and a few sites run by overseas Hongkongers. I just watch TV for news for 15 minutes everyday.