Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How would parents encourage their children?

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
In my view, biological parents should encourage their children by acknowledging their capabilities and abilities. They need to teach them to be independent throughout the learning process.

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, it is the duty of the parents to tesch children almost all things. You need to encourage them in what they have passion for.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I think most important for parents is to not compare their kids with other kids as this always has a negative impact on them

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$341
Winbux
$0.00
Parents should be loving and caring with their children. They should praise them and motivate them in all walks of life.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
That is true. It is unhealthy to compare their kids with the others. If they do, rebellious kids will be the outcome.
I have faced this in my life too but I will make sure to not do that with my future kids

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
It's hard for parents to let go and allow their children to make mistakes. I hate seeing my daughter face the consequences of her poor decisions, but it helps her to grow into a more stable adult.
Same. I have found that no matter how much I lecture or try to warn my kids, sometimes they choose to learn the hard way. It it what it is I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Same. I have found that no matter how much I lecture or try to warn my kids, sometimes they choose to learn the hard way. It it what it is I guess. 🤷‍♂️

That's why sometimes you need to just let them make the choices and deal with the consequences. I try to give my daughter (she's 30) advice in a way that isn't telling her what to do, like I used to do when she was younger with the "You really need to..." Now it's more of, "did you know that...."

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
That's why sometimes you need to just let them make the choices and deal with the consequences. I try to give my daughter (she's 30) advice in a way that isn't telling her what to do, like I used to do when she was younger with the "You really need to..." Now it's more of, "did you know that...."
Pretty much. At some point they have to go it alone with their own issues and learn from their own mistakes. Although I hate to see them get hurt, sometimes it's the only way they'll ever learn.