Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

HTML and HTML5

Lord Saru

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$111
Winbux
$0.00
Back when I started to learn coding. You could really make wonders with HTML ans CSS. Sometimes, thats the only thing you would need to make a remarkable thing on your webpage.

I decided to dust off my HTML knowledge and came to know that now something like HTML5 is trending. The question is, whats different in HTML5? As far as I know, plain HTML supported almost everything. Or, am I wrong?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
HTML5 is cleaner and condenses some of the divs and stuff you can have into more readable containers like <header> and <section>.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Not really.

You can junction with your SQL databases and other graphic improvements with HTML5 while HTML is a more "plain" semantic code.

And like Erin said, the codes look way more clean.

1597347956164.png

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I admit it makes things look clean, but this changed while I was in college and had to retake the class. It sucked.

I'm not fond of html. Maybe html5 is the only option for me now. I heard that some people think that you need to learn html to learn html5.. WOW!!

When i got into coding my teachers would say that learning C is the only way to learn the thingy. I'm not sure if this is still true.

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
HTML5 has made life so much easier and the code is way cleaner than it's predecessor. Hell, Iw ish someone would make a working Xenforo Arcade add-on with HTML5 support for the games instead of Flash.......that would be amazing to see.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
HTML5 has made life so much easier and the code is way cleaner than it's predecessor. Hell, Iw ish someone would make a working Xenforo Arcade add-on with HTML5 support for the games instead of Flash.......that would be amazing to see.
To my understanding there will never be an arcade add-on for xenforo because all of the games from before were flash based which is a dying technology.

Correct me if I am wrong, but @Ash and I have been looking to add an arcade to no avail.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
To my understanding there will never be an arcade add-on for xenforo because all of the games from before were flash based which is a dying technology.

Correct me if I am wrong, but @Ash and I have been looking to add an arcade to no avail.

you can add me to the list as well, I've tried to find a few 3rd party people, but they won't bite. Also I've looked around, not many html5 games to support decent score keeping.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
There's a forum that has managed to include them in the forum posts which I've been trying to figure out how to do. Haven't looked at it properly though. It'a a shame that arcades on forums aren't as popular :(

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I think HTML5 will soon become standard in SEO aspect. It has some better features.Example in table tag heave thead and tbody so it is better for formating.
Question: since games can be written in HTML5 and Flash lose support, what will happend with all Flash games sites?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
There's a forum that has managed to include them in the forum posts which I've been trying to figure out how to do. Haven't looked at it properly though. It'a a shame that arcades on forums aren't as popular :(

Whats the link? I be happy to snoop around and find out whats going on.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Last edited: