Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

If you had a forum shop...

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
What would you put in it?

Ash put in the rainbow username markup which I think is pretty nifty and you can pretty much do anything and everything with the shop. What would be your go to, given the opportunity?

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Depends honestly. If I wanted to restrict the number of display name changes in a month, I would add a display name item to purchase, to be able to bypass the restriction. I probably would have an option to increase the character count, number of lines, and/or number links allowed in signatures (say the default is 1 link allowed in the signature, person can purchase an increse to something like 5, or 10 links total).

I have at one time or another, thought that board creation would be nifty, but would definitely limit the number one can purchase, if the credits (or if there are several people that can pay actual cash for it) for the purchase was easy to get because of high amounts of it being in the system.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Depends honestly. If I wanted to restrict the number of display name changes in a month, I would add a display name item to purchase, to be able to bypass the restriction. I probably would have an option to increase the character count, number of lines, and/or number links allowed in signatures (say the default is 1 link allowed in the signature, person can purchase an increse to something like 5, or 10 links total).

I have at one time or another, thought that board creation would be nifty, but would definitely limit the number one can purchase, if the credits (or if there are several people that can pay actual cash for it) for the purchase was easy to get because of high amounts of it being in the system.
In terms of the signature limits, we have set it up so that upgrading your account will increase some of those limits. For example, links aren't allowed at the moment but upgrading to Diamond will give you access to links.

For the custom forum item that we have (https://discussionhub.io/dbtech-shop/create-a-custom-forum.40/), there is a 2 month duration for that so that users will need to renew it so that we don't get blasted with loads of custom forum sections.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
An item to remove ads (in other words, access to a theme without ads) would be cool. I’m not speaking about personal preference, just something I’ve seen around on other forum shops.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
An item to remove ads (in other words, access to a theme without ads) would be cool. I’m not speaking about personal preference, just something I’ve seen around on other forum shops.
Not a bad idea. I am sure @Ash and I can come up with something for that. Thanks for the suggestion @ARx182

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe dofollow links? I read they are good for SEO. Also guest posts. And not just here, on other sites to if you have it.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Depends on what the site is, the Gaming website you can add games to sell and or trade, then able to get steam cards and or other cards from other networks. There are allot that you can add.

Hell, add sexy girls, Pay to go out with females staff for a date out :p

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
If I had a forum shop of my own, I'd probably sell writing of some sort for profiles, like poetry and the like. I don't think that's a sustainable answer, though.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Depends on what the site is, the Gaming website you can add games to sell and or trade, then able to get steam cards and or other cards from other networks. There are allot that you can add.

Hell, add sexy girls, Pay to go out with females staff for a date out :p
We don't have any female staff but we can get @Jordan to wear a dress. Would that work?

If I had a forum shop of my own, I'd probably sell writing of some sort for profiles, like poetry and the like. I don't think that's a sustainable answer, though.
That is definitely something unique. By that, do you mean for us to sell actual poems and writing to be displayed on your profile? Or to give you guys the ability to write stuff on your profile?

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
That is definitely something unique. By that, do you mean for us to sell actual poems and writing to be displayed on your profile? Or to give you guys the ability to write stuff on your profile?
I was thinking I'd write the poems and stuff for people to post on their profiles. I'm not sure how letting others write on my profile would work out comparatively. o.o