Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

In person vs On the internet

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
How different do you act in person than on the internet?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I tend to be more joyful and more extrovert, IRL i'm shy..

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I'm more quiet & introverted in real life versus the fact that I'm more chatty and open online.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Have to agree with the other 2 here. I'm an introvert & get tongue-tied quite easily when I talk. But online, I can write faster than I talk. I'm bolder & can be more open.
What about VoiceChat? do you feel the same than face-to-face convos?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes I'm different online than in real life. When I'm online , I'm able to express my feelings more than i can compared to in real life.

I know i won’t be able to see the person whom I'm talking to online so i can interact more freely with them than being judged in real life.

The other traits that I possess like being sarcastic, blunt in talks, being kind and polite are the same whether I'm online or in real life.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I'd like to think I'm quite similar in both.

If anything I am less sarcastic on the internet, it's really easy for people to take things the wrong way and not get the joke online, but in reality when they can see your facial expression and hear your tone of voice it's clear what you are actually saying.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
What about VoiceChat? do you feel the same than face-to-face convos?
I don't care for VoiceChat, Discord, IM, all those lol I rather write & I don't do cells so I don't text even. I need the time to think, not real time. If it's one on one I can do face to face & I prefer that over technology. I feel you can't get the same 'feel' if it's over the internet even if you can 'see' the other person.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I know people that are the same offline as well as online, yet others aren't. Most people though in real life are different to what or who they are online.

I myself who is different to who you might think that I am, I mean I'm alive online more than in real life. I speak and talk online allot and yet in real day to day life, I do not talk to people that often or much. Like gaming with your online friends and see how they think you are and yet in the real world they dislike you :p

Same with members on forums or owners who own websites, they are fully different people at times when they are online or not at work.

PixelPioneer

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$36
Winbux
$0.00
I find that I’m pretty much the same person online and offline. Whether I’m interacting with friends on social media or meeting someone new in person, I maintain the same level of respect, humor, and kindness. I might use more emojis and shorthand when texting or posting online :), but the essence of what I’m saying remains the same. I believe in being clear and straightforward, regardless of the medium.

That said, I do adapt to the context of the conversation. Online, I’m mindful of how my words might be interpreted without non-verbal cues. In person, I rely more on body language and tone to convey my message. But at the core, I’m the same individual, just navigating different environments.