Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Internet Explorer?

Cumulus

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$591
Winbux
$0.00
Whilst quite comical as a home browser today, does anyone still use Internet Explorer as a browser in any other setting - such as work or education? Or is there anyone that still uses it as a home browser?

At work, one of our default browsers on the older version Windows machines is still IE ?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I don't use it. I avoid it like a disease. It's slow and it sucks.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Both of my employers use Internet Explorer in some form.. ?

The school use it because some of the web-based applications in use don't play nice with modern browsers. Though thankfully these are now few and far between and I don't have to use them so I'm not particularly bothered.

Tesco use it because many of their systems still run on Windows XP, believe it or not!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Tesco use it because many of their systems still run on Windows XP, believe it or not!
Most stores still users XP, even banks. XP is still being used everywhere. And at times you can tell when it's SLOWWWWWWWWW - Ohh XP.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I hate Internet Explorer but unfortunately, I have to use it for work. For the accessibility testing that we do, a certain client requires that we test their sites on IE so we're forced to use it. It's quite annoying.