Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Linux users:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Why do you use Linux instead of Windows? What distro do you use?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I tried Linux once when my laptop was being repaired and I had to use my old laptop which didn't have Windows working on it. Whilst it's good, I didn't see the point of using it over Windows imo.

It would take me way too long to get used to it as well

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
I am using Linux, the distro i am using is Solus OS. It is awesome, i am using this over Windows due to its reliability, smooth updates, less to no hanging of apps etc..

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
My distro of choice is Arch and I originally switched to Linux both out of interest and also after becoming fed up with bizzarro issues I'd encounter on Windows. There's so many weird ideas that are just accepted as being the way it is because people don't really use anything other than Windows. Defragmenting a hard drive is only something you have to do on Windows, for instance, but of course that's less of an issue now as the world moves away from mechanical drives.

There's plenty of other things I could list, but the bottom line is I just don't feel like Linux ever gets in my way, and if you put in the time to really get to grips with whats going on then you're going to end up with a system that's far more flexible than a Windows install could ever be.