Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Netflix raises monthly subscription prices in U.S., Canada

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Netflix is raising prices across all of its plans in the US today. The company’s standard plan will rise to $15.50 per month from $14, while the 4K plan will rise to $20 per month from $18. The basic plan, which doesn’t include HD, is also rising to $10 per month from $9. Prices are rising in Canada as well.

Read more

It already costs twice as much as several of my other services, ones with just as high quality original shows and more than enough third party stuff to keep me occupied, and the others include 4K where Netflix charges substantially extra. I have no idea how Netflix thinks they’re being competitive.

If you subscribe to Netflix: What are your feelings about this increase?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I'll keep Netflix for now but one more increase and they're history.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yeah, it's slowly getting absurd and sooner or later, we're going to have to hope someone comes up with a new solution that puts these prices back down. Streaming services are slowly turning into the shitty cable services that they replaced.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Yeah, it's slowly getting absurd and sooner or later, we're going to have to hope someone comes up with a new solution that puts these prices back down. Streaming services are slowly turning into the shitty cable services that they replaced.

I always figured it to be a matter of time, if cable services can be changed to on demand service the cord cutters will be back.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's only going to get worse unfortunately with everyone trying to create their own shitty streaming service. I refuse to pay for more than two services

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
It's only going to get worse unfortunately with everyone trying to create their own shitty streaming service. I refuse to pay for more than two services
Same. I mostly prefer to stream free channels to cut down on paid services and save some money.