Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Not enough recognition?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Do you ever feel like you don't get enough recognition from anyone like your friends and family, or your career? Do you feel like you deserve more credit?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Do you ever feel like you don't get enough recognition from anyone like your friends and family, or your career? Do you feel like you deserve more credit?
I've never felt this way. Have you?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I used to feel this way when I was in my 30s but then the 40s came and I didn't care about it as much and now I'm in my 50s and I don't care at all because I'm living life and having fun :)

What used to make me feel not validated is that I was a stay at home mom in my 30s and on social media people knocked people like me. I wrote an article for an e-zine on how I was a "success" since the people who knocked me were really striving to become successful. I wanted to point out that you don't have to make a certain amount of money or have a certain level of degrees in order to be successful. Not everyone has those goals. It's like my friend whose goal is to always live near the sea because that's her dream and thinks that's everyone else's dream. We all have different dreams.

So are you a success? Look at what you accomplished. I'm sure that there are things you've successfully completed whether someone else has recognized it or not. :)

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Well, I'm.no men pleasers or wanted any one to appreciate me. So I might not even noticed this but I don't need acceptance by no body

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$341
Winbux
$0.00
Yes. It was like that when I was in service. I just ignored all those and moved on. After all, life goes on!

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I think it was fine, I never complained about it and actually I was fine with whatever recognition I got for my work and skills.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
No, I never felt that way. When I was working full time, I got positive feedback from my supervisor when I was doing a good job. If I made some mistakes, I also got advice on how to improve in the future. I am a freelancer now, patronage from my clients is a good recognition to me.