Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Salt or pepper?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I'm not big on adding pepper to anything. But I do like adding salt to a lot of things like fried chicken, corn, and green beans.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
It depends on what I'm fixing. Often times I'll use both with what I'm fixing. But I think I tend to use the salt a little more than the pepper.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Both, but differently. Pepper belongs in the dishes that it belongs in and then should be used liberally, but salt enhances other flavours, and there are very few things in the world that don't taste slightly better with just a little bit of salt added to them.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Pepper can be good on sweet stuff too :) Try a little freshly ground black pepper on ripe strawberries, it's great!
Huh never thought of that before, I will give it a try soon. Might have to go buy some strawberries. Haven't had those in a while too. ?

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Of course salt because salt is added in most of the dishes even in my curd and salt is always available but there are times when pepper was unavailable

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
Salt more, but in moderate amount. I just add pepper to the foods occasionally.