Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Security Camera?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Do you have a security camera in your home? What prompted you to get one if you do?

I have 1, it was given to me by my dad as he upgraded to a whole new system and wasn't going to use it anymore.

Ezequiel17

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$60
Winbux
$0.00
¡Hola! La verdad que no tengo. Las cosas en Argentina son peligrosas pero por ahora todo está bien. ¡Creo que en algún momento deberíamos tenerlo!

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
There are no security cameras installed in my flat or the surroundings. Unless there is a security breach, I don't think I'll be getting a CCTV Unit installed anytime soon. Closed Circuit Television Cameras are expensive to purchase and time costly if you are monitoring them yourself, too.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
We have a security camera disguised as a lightbulb on the front porch of my house to keep an eye on the door for porch pirates and general bad guys.

What convinced you to have a CCTV System installed? Does it record 24/hr a day and on the hard drive, how much memory is there for recordings? Looking back now, do you feel your CCTV Unit was a good investment?

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
We don't leave it running all the time. We just activate it when we feel it's needed. We do have a big server that handles most of tech stuff that the camera is also run on. As for whether it was a good investment, I think the feeling of security it brings was well worth the cost.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
security camera needs to be very private and securities, and hear we are telling what you have so if I go to your home I will know where your security camera is. :p

Me, nope. All my homes never had a security camera. But other homes do, I live across the road form a pub that has like 4 security cameras outside.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
We ended up getting 4 cameras, because my brother was updating his father in-law's system, and he thought we needed one too. Haven't used it in a few years. Should probably check to see if they are still in good shape.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Never bothered. I just lock up my apartment when I leave for the day. However the thought has crossed my mind when I lived out in the country in an old cabin on my grandfathers land 13 years ago because neighbors and other strangers would come snooping around.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Never bothered. I just lock up my apartment when I leave for the day. However the thought has crossed my mind when I lived out in the country in an old cabin on my grandfathers land 13 years ago because neighbors and other strangers would come snooping around.

be expensive to set something out there and not have a wifi advantage to it.

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
The CCTV is very important to us because that gives us peace of mind when we are out of town especially when my wife and I go abroad. It is comforting to see our living room, backyard and front yard on video. No need to call home. The video says it all that everything is A-ok at home.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
No security cameras in my house although I've always wanted to get one just for peace of mind. We don't really have any safety concerns where I live which is why I think we've never really thought about getting it

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
My family recently bought a couple that stay outside in front. Personally I wouldn't ever use one and why they decided to get one is beyond me but they do have them and they do record video.