Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The biggest letdown for you

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What was the biggest video game letdown for you?

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
Probably the new Dead or Alive. Spending about $65 on the deluxe version, only to have it be free for the ordinary and then it wasn't even a good game in my opinion. I had remembered the arcade version and thought it was Tekken style but the movement is so slow that I decided to just remove it from my Xbox hard drive.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Halo 5. I was expecting to get this awesome campaign with one of my favorite characters, master chief, matched against someone on paper that could have been as bad ass as the chief. Instead we got to watch 4 characters sleep their way through the game and chief was in it for only 3 levels. How do you make Buck played by Nathan Fillion, boring?

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
My biggest gaming let-down was SimCity 5. It had amazing graphics and I really loved the modular buildings but the playable areas was just too tiny and the game was overall a buggy mess.

Halo 5. I was expecting to get this awesome campaign with one of my favorite characters, master chief, matched against someone on paper that could have been as bad ass as the chief. Instead we got to watch 4 characters sleep their way through the game and chief was in it for only 3 levels. How do you make Buck played by Nathan Fillion, boring?
I've recently played through most of the MCC on my Xbox and I'm currently playing Halo 5 and oh my gods it's so boring compared to the previous games. I wanted more MC and Cortana action and the 4-player co-op felt so forced. I really hope the next Halo game will offer a much better single player campaign.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Thankfully I haven't too many letdowns.. Resident Evil: Dead Aim was quite a letdown back in the day, but then again I didn't do any research before buying it.

Gran Turismo 4 was a letdown since they didn't really change too much other than introducing a more realistic handling model. To a large extent, Gran Turismo 5 was also a disappointment as it didn't really feel like the giant leap forward that was expected with the new hardware.

Final Fantasy XV hasn't really grabbed me in the way that I'd hoped it would, but does that make it a letdown? I'd have to say that I felt more disappointed by Final Fantasy X-2.. ?‍♂️

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Thankfully I haven't too many letdowns.. Resident Evil: Dead Aim was quite a letdown back in the day, but then again I didn't do any research before buying it.

I liked the trailer for it back in 2003. But when I played it, I found it very confusing. I really struggled with it before giving up on it. It really was a let down. But I watched the play through on Youtube years later.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,504
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
I'd have to say Privateer. It was basically a clone of another game, just placed in outer space. The game it was based on made me very angry because I couldn't beat it. lol

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
@Terminated I'm hoping to record a play through of my own at some point..

Even if I still think it's awful, it'll at least make for a funny video hearing me complain about it ?