Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The first thing you notice

Welcome! You have been invited by Jay™ to join our community. Please click here to register.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What’s the first thing you notice when you get up in the morning?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Usually a full bladder, that and the ceiling. It takes me a good while to get my brain rebooted before I'm useful :D

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I'm a bit of an insomniac, I only sleep for about 2 hours a night, so it's usually dark when I go to bed, and then still dark when I wake up again, so for me it's the same, bedroom ceiling, usually need to head towards the bathroom, then try and wake up.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
The first thing I look for is it still dark outside. If the sky is already light I tend to panic. lol

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I only sleep for about 2 hours a night,
At only 2 hours of sleep per night, you’re putting a lot of stress on your body as well as your mind. I don’t know how long you’ve been going with only 2 hours of sleep but it can only lead to negative outcomes. You will still be able to function but no where near the level you could be functioning at if you got a full night’s rest.

I’d definitely see a doctor to see what solutions they might offer you. I don’t know what sort of sleeping medications you’ve taken but if they’re mostly over the counter, then one that requires a prescription might work for you. Other things such as exercise and a healthy diet can help. But yeah, talk to a doctor as soon as you can. The longer you go with so little sleep, the worse things will become.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
At only 2 hours of sleep per night, you’re putting a lot of stress on your body as well as your mind. I don’t know how long you’ve been going with only 2 hours of sleep but it can only lead to negative outcomes. You will still be able to function but no where near the level you could be functioning at if you got a full night’s rest.

I’d definitely see a doctor to see what solutions they might offer you. I don’t know what sort of sleeping medications you’ve taken but if they’re mostly over the counter, then one that requires a prescription might work for you. Other things such as exercise and a healthy diet can help. But yeah, talk to a doctor as soon as you can. The longer you go with so little sleep, the worse things will become.
It's been an ongoing problem since I was a teenager, gotten progressively worse over the years and has led to some medical complications. I've been seeing sleep-specific doctors for about five years now, tried everything from CPAPs and BiPAPs to sleeping pills and other sorts of prescriptions, nothing really helps. I have persistent depressive disorder, social and general anxiety disorders and so most nights my brain hyper-fixates on things to the point that I can't sleep, and even on nights where my brain isn't fixating on things, I just generally lie in bed for hours staring at the ceiling trying to fall asleep.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
It's been an ongoing problem since I was a teenager, gotten progressively worse over the years and has led to some medical complications. I've been seeing sleep-specific doctors for about five years now, tried everything from CPAPs and BiPAPs to sleeping pills and other sorts of prescriptions, nothing really helps. I have persistent depressive disorder, social and general anxiety disorders and so most nights my brain hyper-fixates on things to the point that I can't sleep, and even on nights where my brain isn't fixating on things, I just generally lie in bed for hours staring at the ceiling trying to fall asleep.
sending-hugs-virtual-hugs.gif