Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Treated unfairly?

Welcome! You have been invited by Jay™ to join our community. Please click here to register.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Yes! I used to work for an advertising company in Chicago and I got a new boss who was a woman but hated other women...seriously, she was a flirt to men and treated women like crap. The company moved to a new location and laid me off but then hired me as a freelancer...except SHE wouldn't pay me the same as the male freelancer! So I never went back to that place again.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Yes! I used to work for an advertising company in Chicago and I got a new boss who was a woman but hated other women...seriously, she was a flirt to men and treated women like crap. The company moved to a new location and laid me off but then hired me as a freelancer...except SHE wouldn't pay me the same as the male freelancer! So I never went back to that place again.

When I was a janitor. I had a department manager when I worked at Wal-Mart who buddied up to me and wanted me to go over to Produce. He made all of these promises. He said that I'd get paid more & have more hours. When I transferred over there, in less than 3 weeks he started laying into me. He would yell and scream if I did something wrong. He never taught me anything and he was supposed to train me, I had to try and learn from the other employees. He kept finding excuses to take me into the office and write me up. I begged upper management to let me go back into maintenance to continue being a janitor, but they kept telling me no. I even went to them and complained about him. They did nothing about it. It got bad. He cut my hours down to nothing for a month. I had a daughter at home that I needed to support and I was getting no where. So I handed my name badge in and my Wal-Mart card in and I walked out of the store. I quit. I'd had enough bullshit for a year.

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I don't stay long when I sense unfair treatment. I don't need you saying it I'm home already because I know how it would end

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I have worked for a manager who often required us to stay after office hours for meetings. At times, he even requested us to go to office on holidays for meetings. I quit after working there for three months.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
It has happened in my life but I guess everyone have experienced this at some point of time in their life