Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Unable to Upgrade With Paypal Account Option (Presents Guest and Paypal Checkout Options, Can't Use Latter Option)

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Hiya there again!

Really appreciate the direction taken with this place and the fact the owner eventually taken it up to correct the immediate difficulties I been having here. As well as reassuring they will address any more I might have in the meantime while they gradually make a few more changes. :)

Thus I thought it would be prime time to put some of my external Paypal balance earning's to good use (contrary to popular beliefs, a penny earned is NOT a penny saved since inflation and all of that jazz.) for this account upgrade. For these and that favor as well for it's quite affordability compared to other account upgrade options (this one forum want you want to fork over almost 300% for similar if not less side perks for the yearly subscription option).

However when I went to try the Paypal Checkout Option (the yellow button thingy) I could not and said that the Merchant have to see what's up when I tried pressing that button. Even though I went back and tried again.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Hiya there again!

Really appreciate the direction taken with this place and the fact the owner eventually taken it up to correct the immediate difficulties I been having here. As well as reassuring they will address any more I might have in the meantime while they gradually make a few more changes. :)

Thus I thought it would be prime time to put some of my external Paypal balance earning's to good use (contrary to popular beliefs, a penny earned is NOT a penny saved since inflation and all of that jazz.) for this account upgrade. For these and that favor as well for it's quite affordability compared to other account upgrade options (this one forum want you want to fork over almost 300% for similar if not less side perks for the yearly subscription option).

However when I went to try the Paypal Checkout Option (the yellow button thingy) I could not and said that the Merchant have to see what's up when I tried pressing that button. Even though I went back and tried again.
Thanks for wanting to upgrade and contribute to the forum. We actually scrapped paid memberships a while back because it wasn't that popular which is why it hasn't worked. I completely forgot to remove it from the "Account Upgrades" page so, sorry about that.

It may be something we bring back in the future especially when the Groups feature is finally implemented but for the moment, you can use your Hubux to upgrade to an Emerald membership :)

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Thanks for wanting to upgrade and contribute to the forum. We actually scrapped paid memberships a while back because it wasn't that popular which is why it hasn't worked. I completely forgot to remove it from the "Account Upgrades" page so, sorry about that.

It may be something we bring back in the future especially when the Groups feature is finally implemented but for the moment, you can use your Hubux to upgrade to an Emerald membership :)
AH awesome! That makes total sense, you were very welcome and thank so much for explaining this was simply a mistaken oversight that was meant to be completely removed as part of the discontinuation at that point of time. (y)

Thanks again for your support with these as well. :)

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
@Ash Sorry but even with the replacement of the Sapphire Upgrade this issue is still present where I try to pay for it with logging into my Paypal and it saying that it not working and to please try again later message.

Do let me know if you are able to look into this once again.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Awesome it's let me pays for it. :) Though are the buxes granted manually @Ash ? I don't see them credited to this account after I got automatically upgraded.
I can see that fancy new Sapphire usernamr style so looks like it worked out well.

At the moment, those things are manually done. Will make sure everything is added to your account in the morning :)

And a huge thanks for upgrading to Sapphire!

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I can see that fancy new Sapphire usernamr style so looks like it worked out well.

At the moment, those things are manually done. Will make sure everything is added to your account in the morning :)

And a huge thanks for upgrading to Sapphire!
Sure had and seems good, thanks for reassuring me of these things as well!

You are very welcomed!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks very much for doing what you promised me yesterday evening however @Ash I do not see my Sticky Thread Month Item (I assuming it wouldn't been in my Item Inventory?).

I am missing something here?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.