Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Underworld movies

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
1st and 2nd movie in the series was not bad. But as they moved ahead with the storyline, they kind of dragged for the sake of it. It should have ended with the lyncans back arc as well. If they want alternative story, they could have got with other characters and extended it.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
1st and 2nd movie in the series was not bad. But as they moved ahead with the storyline, they kind of dragged for the sake of it. It should have ended with the lyncans back arc as well. If they want alternative story, they could have got with other characters and extended it.

The first and the second films are classic. I really liked Victor, Marcus, & William. I think they're some of the most interesting antagonists in that franchise. What is disappointing is that they didn't make anymore interesting villains after Selene and Michael killed them off. The rest that followed were just pretty bland.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
This is a very good movie. The woman who is in Underworld I've always thought is extremely Sexy. I like that Jet black hair but yeah this is a good movie to watch if you like vampire/werewolf movies.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
The first and the second films are classic. I really liked Victor, Marcus, & William. I think they're some of the most interesting antagonists in that franchise. What is disappointing is that they didn't make anymore interesting villains after Selene and Michael killed them off. The rest that followed were just pretty bland.
I think as time went ahead they forgot to drag the story right way which is kind of challenging with almost every TV shows or even movie series.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I think as time went ahead they forgot to drag the story right way which is kind of challenging with almost every TV shows or even movie series.

Exactly. It seems most movie franchises have this problem. The further away a movie gets from the original, the more tainted and mediocre the sequels get. I don't know why it's so hard to keep up with the original characters and try to build on the original plotline.

I think killing Michael off was a horrible idea. Eve was a terrible addition and it's not because I hated her character. it's because the producers made her out of thin air and threw her into the movie with no back story at all. She just didn't work.

I frowned at the idea of how the studio executed the humans getting involved in the war. It just didn't work so it wasn't referenced at all in the later films. Some ideas can work. Which is easier said than done. But, executing an idea and making it look good takes a lot of work and effort. They didn't make it look good.

My issue with the last film was the killing off of Michael like he was a mere cockroach and giving us an antagonist who could temporary turn into vampire / lycan hybrid that could beat Selene 1 vs 1. Selene, who if I'm mistaken, was implied to be stronger than Michael in Underworld Evolution after she fed on Alexander Corvinus.

and then they ham-fisted in the Norwegian Covenant with how that covenant had ghost like powers, David is now the son of Victors fellow Elder, Amelia who had a secret affair with Thomas and they had him hidden away because they feared for his safety. I don't know why. Did Victor have something against Amelia having her own family?

It just quit making sense starting at the 4th film and ending with the 5th one.