Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

US reports at least 1.1 million Covid-19 cases in a day, shattering global record

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
Hey Everyone

The United States has Broke a world record, they have reported at least 1.13 million new coronavirus infections in a day, the highest daily total of any country in the world. wow

The previous record was 1.03 million cases on 3 January. A large number of cases are reported each Monday due to many states not reporting over the weekend. The seven-day average for new cases has tripled in two weeks to over 700,000 new infections a day.

Stay Safe my friends

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
So, it's actually a third of that amount or so, if they report the entire weekend figures on a Monday?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Most of the people I know who have it are all vaccinated and 2 of them are in the hospital...one should probably be on her way soon too. None of my unvaccinated friends/family have it right now.

For 2 years none of my family caught covid and then at Christmas there were 3 all diagnosed within days of each other. And they're all vaccinated. The omicron seems to hit the vaccinated now more than any other variant.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Most of the people I know who have it are all vaccinated and 2 of them are in the hospital
That can probably be explained by people who are vaccinated wrongly believing that they are immune and stopping to take any other precautions or be careful.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
If you don't take care obviously you're gonna get it sooner or later, the vaccine helps your body to fight the virus, won't make you 100% immune.

Wash your hands frequently and try to avoid crowded places.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
That can probably be explained by people who are vaccinated wrongly believing that they are immune and stopping to take any other precautions or be careful.

The news reported yesterday that most people are likely to get it anyway, vaccinated or unvaccinated. It's just a very contagious variant.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
The news reported yesterday that most people are likely to get it anyway, vaccinated or unvaccinated. It's just a very contagious variant.
Yes, that's true, but it's also true that people who have been vaccinated and contract it are generally far less ill, and a much lower number need to be hospitalised.

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
Yes, that's true, but it's also true that people who have been vaccinated and contract it are generally far less ill, and a much lower number need to be hospitalised.
Indeed my friend being vaccinated helps those who don't belive in science are silly

I am in New Zealand I have had 2 vacations and my booster is next week

Protect your self and your community

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday

Not everyone can take the vaccine though. And not everyone unvaccinated is ending up in the hospital dying.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I know those figures sound scary - but, if you look at other countries that got hit with Omicron before the US did (like South Africa and the UK), you'll see a massive spike in COVID cases that rises at a scarily fast rate... but it doesn't last for very long, and the figures then start dropping as quickly as they rose.

My prediction is that the same thing will happen in the USA.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I know those figures sound scary - but, if you look at other countries that got hit with Omicron before the US did (like South Africa and the UK), you'll see a massive spike in COVID cases that rises at a scarily fast rate... but it doesn't last for very long, and the figures then start dropping as quickly as they rose.

My prediction is that the same thing will happen in the USA.

A lot of states have leveled out or already started to drop so that's good news.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Not everyone can take the vaccine though. And not everyone unvaccinated is ending up in the hospital dying.

Oh please,

This is not a traditional vaccine, in so much as it does not contain the live virus, so although there are a few very specific groups of people who are advised against it, they are a tiny minority.

Of course not everyone who is unvaccinated is ending up in a hospital dying, but that doesn't diminish the fact that you are more susceptible to contracting the virus, and also to it being a more severe case if you are unvaccinated than if you are vaccinated.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Oh please,

This is not a traditional vaccine, in so much as it does not contain the live virus, so although there are a few very specific groups of people who are advised against it, they are a tiny minority.

Of course not everyone who is unvaccinated is ending up in a hospital dying, but that doesn't diminish the fact that you are more susceptible to contracting the virus, and also to it being a more severe case if you are unvaccinated than if you are vaccinated.

There are some of us who are allergic to it. The actual numbers are growing too because more and more people are becoming allergic to the inactive ingredients, whether it's PEG or Polysorbate 80. I'm allergic to PEG and my tongue swelled up when I got my 2nd dose of Moderna so I won't be getting a booster. I won't take the other vaccine that has polysorbate 80 because I don't want to ruin a good thing, meaning that prior to the vaccine I could handle PEG except in some cases. Now, I'm even super sensitive to shampoo to the point where my throat was closing up from it. I have had to purge many things from the household due to this allergic reaction gone out of control.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
There are some of us who are allergic to it.
I'm really sorry that you had such a bad reaction, that sounds truly crappy.

But you are in a tiny minority, and you had a pre-existing allergy or intolerance to an ingredient. That in no way changes the fact that for the vast majority of people being vaccinated offers a large degree or protection or the efficacy of the vaccines.