Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What was your first date like?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Most of my dates were a one and done. It took me a while to learn how to talk to women. I was mostly afraid to do anything. I didn't make any moves or charm those girls enough to keep them interested. I was pretty bad up until I was 18 before I met my first ever girlfriend. So I don't feel like those dates with those girls really counted. She invited me over to her house to watch a movie with her and we mostly just flirted and made out.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
My first date was actually with a group of people. That guy I liked didn't like me enough to want me to be his girlfriend, so we stopped going out in groups together. Then I started going out with 2 guys, but it was just to go out and eat donuts. They both wanted me to be their girlfriend and I turned them both down because I wasn't interested. I never truly went out alone with a guy until I was about 16 or 17 and dated a 21 year old who just got out of jail. He was a gentleman and ended up back in jail soon after, so we never went out again.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I remember my first date very well, it was very awkward, he took me to the local park for a picnic and we talked but he didn't seem very happy about just talking and wanting more off the first date. That wasn't for me too soon, so I left the park and the date and never looked back.

Cory

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$78
Winbux
$0.00
The first and only date I've ever been on in my entire life was pretty decent. We asked a lot of questions when we were driving together, but it was slightly awkward at the dinner table and the movie theater. Though, we knew each other for a little while working together at Walmart. I hung out with her a few times outside of work, but not too much because I guess I felt resentment when she said she didn't want to date anyone from work, which is understandable, but later on, she ended up dating someone else from work which was kind of soul-crushing. Being on only one date my entire life and never being in an actual relationship, it's just not meant for me I guess.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
The first and only date I've ever been on in my entire life was pretty decent. We asked a lot of questions when we were driving together, but it was slightly awkward at the dinner table and the movie theater. Though, we knew each other for a little while working together at Walmart. I hung out with her a few times outside of work, but not too much because I guess I felt resentment when she said she didn't want to date anyone from work, which is understandable, but later on, she ended up dating someone else from work which was kind of soul-crushing. Being on only one date my entire life and never being in an actual relationship, it's just not meant for me I guess.

Don't let that date define you. It didn't work out with her, and maybe that's for the best. Don't give up because one person hurt you, there are too many lonely people out there and they're probably looking for someone like you. It just takes time.

Cory

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$78
Winbux
$0.00
Don't let that date define you. It didn't work out with her, and maybe that's for the best. Don't give up because one person hurt you, there are too many lonely people out there and they're probably looking for someone like you. It just takes time.
Thank you for the encouragement. There was a girl I asked out I didn't even go out with and for some reason that was the most hurt I've ever felt from being rejected. I don't know what kind of attachment issue I had with her, but I essentially had to ghost her because my feelings for her were so severely mixed up that just being around her caused anxiety or depression. I don't try to date anymore because I feel like I'm not interesting enough to date and not many people are going to want to date someone who has mental health issues and still lives with his parents.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Thank you for the encouragement. There was a girl I asked out I didn't even go out with and for some reason that was the most hurt I've ever felt from being rejected. I don't know what kind of attachment issue I had with her, but I essentially had to ghost her because my feelings for her were so severely mixed up that just being around her caused anxiety or depression. I don't try to date anymore because I feel like I'm not interesting enough to date and not many people are going to want to date someone who has mental health issues and still lives with his parents.

Maybe a girl who is similar to you?

Cory

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$78
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe a girl who is similar to you?
Yeah, my mistake with trying to date throughout my life is mainly trying to get into the dating scene without getting to know the person well first. I just kind of jumped in after I felt a glimmer of feelings for them and didn't get to know them well before asking them out, so I'm sure I mostly came off as desperate.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
My first date turned into a regrettable relationship that lasted for a couple years. I can't say I remotely remember where we went or what we did, but I guess it went well. Needless to say, I would have been better off if the date went terribly and I never saw that person again. :p

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
My first date turned into a regrettable relationship that lasted for a couple years. I can't say I remotely remember where we went or what we did, but I guess it went well. Needless to say, I would have been better off if the date went terribly and I never saw that person again. :p
It made you stronger though in the end!