Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Who goes to the cinema?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Does anybody here go to the movies, or also known as the cinema? Do you go by yourself or with friends/family? What do you like most about a cinema? I mostly watch films by myself and aim to buy a ticket once a week.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I don't very often. It largely depends if there's a movie playing that I really want to see.

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
I love the cinemas the sound the picture the reclining chairs are amazing

Although I can watch movies at home The movie Theatre is so immersive then watching at home!

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
I love the cinemas the sound the picture the reclining chairs are amazing

Although I can watch movies at home The movie Theatre is so immersive then watching at home!
Agree it really is.
There is a different feeling to watching in theaters vs home.
--
I use to go to theater a lot years before the pandemic happened. However, I stopped going for years. Then during the pandemic not at all up until over the summer where I saw a film in theater with my dad. I have been a few times since then.
The most recent film I saw was Red velvet queen last weekend.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I haven't been in about four years, but I love it. The sound and picture quality, the popcorn is better than anything you can get elsewhere, and if the movie is good it's a great time out.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Not as good as the original one, but it was enjoyable. Not as bad as the internet makes out!
Glad you enjoyed it and I don't pay any attention to the reviews on the internet.. I'm going to put this on my 'to watch' list.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't been since before COVID. But even when I did go, it was typically only once or twice a year.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
Glad you enjoyed it and I don't pay any attention to the reviews on the internet.. I'm going to put this on my 'to watch' list.

I personally thought it was absolutely dreadful, only positive was that it wasn't quite as bad as the Independence Day sequel.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I personally thought it was absolutely dreadful, only positive was that it wasn't quite as bad as the Independence Day sequel.
Oh my, I guess I'll find out for myself when my friend and I see it this coming weekend.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Back in my old life in Australia, I would at times go more than once a month. Plus might be the only person in the block and sitting on the very back row ;)

Nowadays with streaming networks and how much tickets have gone up, never :( Cinemas are not that good in the UK, they are crap and end of the day they think about numbers then being comfortable.

aren't just that, 30mins drive now where before it was 10mins.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I go to the cinema when there's a good movie. I enjoy watching good movies on big screen. I usually go with friends.

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$341
Winbux
$0.00
The movies shown on TV is enough for me. So, I don't go to theatre to watch movies.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Its actually quite expensive to go to the cinema all the time and this is why I prefer to watch movies at home