Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Why did you guys join this forum over other places?

• Thread starter Deleted member 268
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 268

just curious

forums like these aren't really as big as they used to be, but I tend to prefer them. Just wondering why you guys gravitated towards this one in particular?

it was the badges, layout and community vibe for me. I just really liked the look of this place on a lurk. I wanted somewhere I could just be casually posting, and wouldn't be judged. It always feels like you are walking on egg shells on some bigger forums, reddit or social media.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
just curious

forums like these aren't really as big as they used to be, but I tend to prefer them. Just wondering why you guys gravitated towards this one in particular?
Me too after what I gone through with FaceBook, Reddit, Discord and so on as a deaf and blind person.

Feels like people are generally more approach able on a forum.

AS for THIS one I joined cause Ash talked to me one and one about it and about fixing up the themeing. In the meantime I am using the default one until they can fix the current themes on here.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I came to this place because I liked the look and the members posting. It really sucked me in and I felt it was a sign I should join. I've been enjoying every minute of it since.

It always feels like you are walking on egg shells on some bigger forums, reddit or social media.

With social media like Facebook. Everyone in real life knows who you are, where you work, and where you live. If you say something that offends those people. There are consequences and that's really wrong to ostracize someone for their opinions and views. However if you go on a forum, then you can say whatever you want and not to have to worry about your family and friends ostracizing you over a meager opinion. I can't go on Facebook because of my family and ex wife. If I were to post something on Facebook, someone in my family would get "offended" and I'd never hear the end of it.

D

Deleted member 268

With social media like Facebook. Everyone in real life knows who you are, where you work, and where you live. If you say something that offends those people. There are consequences and that's really wrong to ostracize someone for their opinions and views. However if you go on a forum, then you can say whatever you want and not to have to worry about your family and friends ostracizing you over a meager opinion. I can't go on Facebook because of my family and ex wife. If I were to post something on Facebook, someone in my family would get "offended" and I'd never hear the end of it.
I think I have posted a Facebook status like three times. I literally never use it. :ROFLMAO:

Zap

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
forumdb.net
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
I joined because I was on the search for a community to join that 1) had daily activity, 2) didn't have too much activity (I find it hard to get that community feeling if there are hundreds of active posters simultaneously), and 3) had general chatting as its topic. DiscussionHub ticked all the boxes, so the decision was easy once I found it!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm glad that you guys feel that way and it's awesome to read your comments as an admin :D

miss you love GIF by ZEE TV

D

Deleted member 268

I'm glad that you guys feel that way and it's awesome to read your comments as an admin :D

miss you love GIF by ZEE TV
Honestly it's nice to see an admin that posts like a regular user.

Some of them take it a bit too seriously on other forums. You're chill.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Honestly it's nice to see an admin that posts like a regular user.

Some of them take it a bit too seriously on other forums. You're chill.
EXACTLY! Even as a business owner I sure don't act like that blunt and seriousness bs you often sees with them.

Great to be just yourself! (y)

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Thank you! It always helps that this a general discussion forum with a more relaxed and chilled out vibe. We can just let you guys discuss anything and everything without needing to babysit.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I joined after I saw some of my online buddies joined and enjoying the website so I planned to join