Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Why would someone be rude

Welcome! You have been invited by Jay™ to join our community. Please click here to register.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Why would someone be rude to random people?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Maybe they're having a bad day? Possibly they're just trying to put on a front for their friends amusement, or maybe something has happened in their life that's got them worked up. Most people tend not to be rude to random people without some sort of trigger.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
- Maybe they woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.
- Maybe they were never taught manners/respect when they were growing up.
- Maybe they let the fact that they have a lot of money go to their head so they think they're better than others.

There can be lots of reasons.......

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Why would someone be rude to random people?

There's no reason to. I went to my daughters choir practice and there was this teenage girl that was extremely rude and disrespectful in passing. I was in her way, didn't know she was there, and her tone of voice asking me to move was very rude and then when I saw her again she was giving me one dirty look after the next. It was very aggravating to me. I felt she needed to be taught to respect her elders.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Having a bad day, maybe. Or they’re got some problems they need to work on.

Sounds to me like someone pee'd in their cheerios that morning.
Post automatically merged:

There's no reason to. I went to my daughters choir practice and there was this teenage girl that was extremely rude and disrespectful in passing. I was in her way, didn't know she was there, and her tone of voice asking me to move was very rude and then when I saw her again she was giving me one dirty look after the next. It was very aggravating to me. I felt she needed to be taught to respect her elders.

Sounds like someone pee'd in her cheerios.

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
I tend to think people who are overtly rude to others generally are bad people. Sometimes you might catch someone on a bad day but overall if someone is rude, it's a pretty good indication there a bad person.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Sometimes your actions are consequences of a bad fortunated day.. motives are really hard to know or explain..

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I think people are mean because they’re unhappy themselves, and for some reason, they feel better when they put other’s down, It’s always confused me as to why? I have learnt over the years to look at it like this… It has absolutely nothing to do with me and everything about them… if anything though, it’s because they are usually jealous of something I possess that they simply don’t.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Sometimes your actions are consequences of a bad fortunated day.. motives are really hard to know or explain..

Definitely agree. People can be rude for a 100 reasons and we'll never know. Still, I always appreciate it when someone is polite and kind. I try to be polite as I can be because with my luck, I'll run into that person again seeing as I live in a very small town.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
You never quite know what another person is going through. They could have just lost a loved one, lost their only source of income, might have a diagnosed mental illness, etc. I worked in retail and had to deal with very rude people in my life. Best thing to do is to either ignore them if you can, or treat them kindly. I once had a regular customer when I was a cashier at a local grocery store always come to my line with a nasty attitude. One night he apologized to me and told me that he was going through a divorce and felt bad about the way he had treated me.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
May be s(he) is having a bad day; struggling with life; or it's just his/her personality.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I feel some people are like that and they don't speak politely with anyone or at least with strangers