Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

"Will you marry me?"

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What's the worst response you can give to "Will you marry me?"

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
How much money you got?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I've met 2 different women on Plenty of Fish that have literally asked if I'd marry them. I've told those girls that I was divorced and didn't plan on getting married again because people abuse marital rights.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I've met 2 different women on Plenty of Fish that have literally asked if I'd marry them. I've told those girls that I was divorced and didn't plan on getting married again because people abuse marital rights.
I agree. A lot of people these days are either in it for the money or just because they want that “big day” I don’t think marriage is the same anymore.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I agree. A lot of people these days are either in it for the money or just because they want that “big day” I don’t think marriage is the same anymore.

I was thinking that maybe they're self conscious and have low self esteem, and want a guarantee that the guy will stay with them. So they want to elope and get pregnant almost immediately. To me that interprets a bigger problem. To me that means they need to seek counseling, medication, and therapy. Getting knocked up and eloping isn't going to fix their family induced trauma's that they went through as a child. The newness of the relationship, the sex, and the novelty of a new partner might hold it off for a little bit. But their mental issues always come back with a vengeance.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I was thinking that maybe they're self conscious and have low self esteem, and want a guarantee that the guy will stay with them. So they want to elope and get pregnant almost immediately. To me that interprets a bigger problem. To me that means they need to seek counseling, medication, and therapy. Getting knocked up and eloping isn't going to fix their family induced trauma's that they went through as a child. The newness of the relationship, the sex, and the novelty of a new partner might hold it off for a little bit. But their mental issues always come back with a vengeance.
I couldn’t have put it better myself but unfortunately I think that’s just how the world is and how people are dealing with their problems. Whilst they’re “dealing” with the problems they’re facing they’re just creating more problems down the road and it turns out to be a downwards spiral.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I think too many people are doing that. They think getting married right then will fix their relationship problems or having a kid will fix their relationship problems (or whatever problems they're dealing with). That's only making the situation worse than it already is. And if you have a child with that person, then you're going to have to spend a long time dealing with that person even if you guys break up and go your separate ways. Because you guys had a child together, you still have to interact with them on some level. You can't completely get away from them after you break up.

Marriage should be about loving someone and wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person. It's not about fixing some problem in your life. If you're doing it that way then you're getting married for the wrong reasons.