Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Your forum sucks!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I remember his name. :LOL: Though I don't know if I should post it. :p Let's just say it sounds a lot like google, with the word web in front of it. (Welp I guess I gave it away oops. :V) Also I never did outright tell someone that their forum sucks, but I do try to give constructive criticism. I used to write reviews on Forum Promotion, so I only hope my feedback helped people work on making their communities better.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that crap dude :p he's got more the one account and some of the accounts has been ban anyway I think lol

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I remember his name. :LOL: Though I don't know if I should post it. :p Let's just say it sounds a lot like google, with the word web in front of it. (Welp I guess I gave it away oops. :V) Also I never did outright tell someone that their forum sucks, but I do try to give constructive criticism. I used to write reviews on Forum Promotion, so I only hope my feedback helped people work on making their communities better.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I still can't remember it lmao. Weboogle? I'm sure it did help a lot. The FP reviews section used to be great as you could genuinely get some very helpful advice from experienced webmasters. It's not the same anymore :(

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever looked at someone's forum and it's absolutely horrible?

And even if they're begging you to join it, you're like......look man, your forum looks bad and there is hardly anything or nothing to post to. I feel like those people should put some effort into it. Give me a real reason why I'd want to join. Don't just grab a plain jane looking forum that has no decoration and say okay everyone, get on over here.
Oh yeah, theres this hideous site called geezezone or something like that. Absolutely hideous! :p

Last edited:

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00

I remember that guy! He's been on a few forums that I was a member on. One for spamming and another for harassing and annoying the members because he wanted them to join his forums. Hell, he even messaged me and I outright told him that his forum sucked and he didn't say anything else after that. LOL! I think he was just desperate to make it work. :ROFLMAO:

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I remember that guy! He's been on a few forums that I was a member on. One for spamming and another for harassing and annoying the members because he wanted them to join his forums. Hell, he even messaged me and I outright told him that his forum sucked and he didn't say anything else after that. LOL! I think he was just desperate to make it work. :ROFLMAO:
He did that a lot on quite a lot of the forums I was a member of as well which is why he is banned on most of them. Would always bug people and ask them to join his stupid forums.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
The default theme isn't always bad. I mean, there could be some attractive thing with someone just changing the logo and using the default theme. It's all subjective really.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
He did that a lot on quite a lot of the forums I was a member of as well which is why he is banned on most of them. Would always bug people and ask them to join his stupid forums.

Not just that. But when he's on a forum. He'll spam short posts on any and all topics just to increase post count. The forum will look spammy as a result. He'd put as little effort into his posts as possible. For example he'd even type "lol" in a topic that wasn't even funny and wouldn't add any kind of substance or creativity to the topic at hand. I watched him do that on @Abizaga's forum for a while until he got the boot.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Not just that. But when he's on a forum. He'll spam short posts on any and all topics just to increase post count. The forum will look spammy as a result. He'd put as little effort into his posts as possible. For example he'd even type "lol" in a topic that wasn't even funny and wouldn't add any kind of substance or creativity to the topic at hand. I watched him do that on @Abizaga's forum for a while until he got the boot.
Yeah that was a wierd period. I removed the groups section entirely after that mess, since nobody really used them anyway, and with that guy having used them like his own personal advertising tool, it left a bad taste in my my mouth.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I'm sure I've seen this before. People put no effort into it and they expect other people to do all the work. That's not how running a forum works, or that's not how it should work.

Besides designing the forum, you have to be willing to put some effort into posting around the forum. You can't make a forum and just leave it empty. You have to give people a reason to join and they're not going to be willing to join nothing.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, I see it all of the time. These days there’s little to no originality with forums, everyone’s trying to copy each other’s ideas and designs, I join very few forums these days.

When I came across DH I just happened to really like it and it was different to others forums so yeah that’s why I’m here today.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I'm glad that people here put effort into their posts because it's so sad to see people just posting "xd" lol" or "nice topic" without really adding anything to the thread. I admit that in the past i wanted to have a huge postcount to match the most popular people in a board but that just comes with your effort.. i feel that i have so much to give to this board and i already hit the top 5 (it's not easy at all), also just trying to be friends just to join their forum is one of the most annoying things to do since 2005.