Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Blogging Still Popular?

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
Hi DH Family

I am looking at starting a blog very soon

I was wondering what your thoughts are on blogs are they still Popular, do people visit blogs still?

I thinking of creating a blog website about My Adventures, Daily life, tech, and some product reviews

My ultimate vision is to create a place for people to relax hear some cool stories & can gel with me

I also need to come up with some suggestions on a name etc. so would love your help if possible

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
As with forums, they're not as popular as they once were (Twitter took a lot of their traffic). However, people certainly do still read and write them - and, if your writing is good enough, then you'll still be able to find an audience.

The golden age of blogs is over; however, that doesn't mean they're dead or anything.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
Hi DH Family

I am looking at starting a blog very soon

I was wondering what your thoughts are on blogs are they still Popular, do people visit blogs still?

I thinking of creating a blog website about My Adventures, Daily life, tech, and some product reviews

My ultimate vision is to create a place for people to relax hear some cool stories & can gel with me

I also need to come up with some suggestions on a name etc. so would love your help if possible
I think blogging is still very popular on a niche-basis

I run a local niche-specific brand and have a blog for it.

I created a Top 10 article (Top 10s do so well folks) and I was getting 3,000-views a day on the article. Social media did most of that. I think maybe 400 or 500 shares. But my strategy is 72 hours so after 3-days, I don't check stats.

Blogging is great if the content you create is great!

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Plenty of bloggers are still making six-figures and who knows who are making between $20,000 and $100,000 a year. Anyhow, I wouldn't dismiss it as from the past, even with social media taking over.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
I do believe personal blogging is a thing of the past. It's not as popular but there are still people out there doing it including me.
Definitely thing there is still a market for blogging other then personal blogs however. Content marketing blogging where you focus on the readers and solve problems for them. You want a recipe for dinner tonight so you go searching on google and you end up for a blog. You want to read about startrek facts so you end up on a blog posting star trek facts. Any subject you want you can find a blog post. As long as people need questions and areas that they want to look at blogging will always stay relevant.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Blogging can definitely work if it is done correctly @tdbnz. The only issue is that I can't say much about personal blogging because it's a niche that I have messed around with before. But as @altair mentioned, there is definitely space for new blogs that have a certain niche. It just takes a bit of work to get it up and running