Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Bumping old threads

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I know some forums out there try to limit users from bumping old threads. Is this something that you have considered or implemented on yours?

For me, I would never do this. I don't see the point of trying to limit what users can discuss

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,485
Winbux
$0.00
It depends on the relevancy of the post to the conversation.

If you have a thread about a specific game, and it gets bumped after 3 years, I don't see anything wrong with it. If it's a thread that's asking for advice for buying something, then I would find that to be a bit extreme.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I have never implemented a rule that states members can not bump old threads. The way I look at it is that if a thread is still relevant and there is room for discussion, go ahead and bump the thread no matter how old it is.

I have been a member of forums that do this and it does not help them very much at all, especially if the topic discussed is still relevant.

PixelPioneer

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$34
Winbux
$0.00
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that there’s no need to restrict discussions on older threads. In fact, I believe that revisiting past conversations can often shed new light on topics and provide valuable insights that may have been overlooked.

Just as Grungie and Shortie mentioned, the relevancy of the thread to the current conversation is crucial. If an old thread still holds significance or can contribute meaningfully to ongoing discussions, then it should be welcomed back into the spotlight.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$875
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
In the past, I’ve had forums that had rules against bumping old threads, but it’s not something I would go out of my way to enforce, unless it became a clear issue. Personally, if a topic is ancient, I’d rather someone just go ahead and re-make the topic. Perhaps some of our answers will have changed by then.