Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Can Netflix be a waste of money?

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
It costs me £10 a month and I wonder if this is a waste of money to me. So I am interested to hear your opinions.

It can be shared between 4 people so ideally, it would be good to split the money between those that you share it with. I feel this rarely happens though and the sucker who purchased it, means that many others can watch for free. I wonder how many people are paying for their Netflix when they could use their friends. Also another factor I wish to raise is that there are free streaming services and such that may have a lot of the series, depending on what you watch. A lot of the old series I like to watch are on YouTube for instance.

Funkel

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Website
www.minecom.org
Hubux
$1,388
Winbux
$0.00
I don't feel like its a waste of money. I bought it for my Family and all of us using it almost daily.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It costs me £10 a month and I wonder if this is a waste of money to me. So I am interested to hear your opinions.

It can be shared between 4 people so ideally, it would be good to split the money between those that you share it with. I feel this rarely happens though and the sucker who purchased it, means that many others can watch for free. I wonder how many people are paying for their Netflix when they could use their friends. Also another factor I wish to raise is that there are free streaming services and such that may have a lot of the series, depending on what you watch. A lot of the old series I like to watch are on YouTube for instance.
Never. Can you really equate that cost with the cost of owning cable? I can. Cable here in the states has become extremely expensive to own anything other than the most basic of packages. So people did what any sensible, frugal person would, they looked at alternatives and major competitors - YouTube TV and Hulu TV respectively right now, both cheaper and with far more channels. Netflix and Amazon Prime TV both provide a large plethora of new and old streaming content for a relatively affordable price.

If you're not happy with family or friends mooching, ask them to pay a couple of bucks for their share?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I pay for the netflix, partner pays for the disney plus, rommate pays for the Amazon Prime, we all get on all 3.

I think this is a win-win :)

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Isn't for me, even when I don't watch it as my mum uses my account too.

But it can be if it's just you and you hardly watch it.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I pay for the netflix, partner pays for the disney plus, rommate pays for the Amazon Prime, we all get on all 3.

I think this is a win-win :)
My friend lets me use one of his Disney+ account 'slots', not sure what else to call it. Still need to go on and watch Artemis Fowl so I can say I did, even though I'm not looking forward to it.

Aeowulf

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
aeowulf.com
Hubux
$961
Winbux
$0.00
It can be, if you don't use it enough to justify. There's tons of free content on YouTube if you rarely get around to watching, but still want an outlet. Amazon Prime has videos if you pay for Prime. If you do get enough time to watch, then its a better option than paying for cable.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
No difference saying is amazon prime wast of money. If you use it daily and you being active then you do get your money worth :) Almost every day I'm always watching something :)

I have Amazon Prime, not necessarily for the movies but for free immediate shipping. Though there a plentiful of movies, I find the ones I am in interested in, such as Bond movies are few. With Netflix and Hulu there are different packages. Depends if you want commercial-free or live TV.

Whatever your budget or personal preference, I can’t make the decision for you. If you love to watch movies and don’t mind four-minute commercials, I would choose Hulu.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
No difference saying is amazon prime wast of money. If you use it daily and you being active then you do get your money worth :) Almost every day I'm always watching something :)

I have Amazon Prime, not necessarily for the movies but for free immediate shipping. Though there a plentiful of movies, I find the ones I am in interested in, such as Bond movies are few. With Netflix and Hulu there are different packages. Depends if you want commercial-free or live TV.

Whatever your budget or personal preference, I can’t make the decision for you. If you love to watch movies and don’t mind four-minute commercials, I would choose Hulu.
There's a lot of classics on Amazon Prime I plan on getting around to watching. I think they have all of the original Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis on it.

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
I have Netflix & Hulu and I believe it is a waste of money. I also use fmovies.cab (free to stream any t.v. show/movie). The site is illegal, but streaming on the site is not. You are not downloading or torrenting any movie. You will not get in trouble from it. I've been doing this for over 10 years.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
Streaming websites aren't worth the hassle when you can enjoy an ad-free and offline experience for only £10 a month. It isn't a waste for me personally, I stream on Netflix all the time!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
There's a lot of classics on Amazon Prime I plan on getting around to watching. I think they have all of the original Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis on it.
If you are lucky to own them already! You still have to pay or rent fils and TV shows with prime.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Streaming websites aren't worth the hassle when you can enjoy an ad-free and offline experience for only £10 a month. It isn't a waste for me personally, I stream on Netflix all the time!
Netflix became amazing when it granted the ability to download and stream content offline as well! I remember doing it a bunch of times with movies and television show episodes I wanted to watch while traveling and before I had unlimited data.

No, Amazon TV has their own originals as well as other classics to stream included in your Prime.

bomb

A new face
Reaction score
Website
cupidforum.com
Hubux
$955
Winbux
$0.00

It is definitely not a water of money if you have someone watching. I noticed I sometime become too busy, that only watch for like 4hrs in a whole month. But my kid enjoys watching. She watches till late.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm the only one that uses Netflix in my house really. The family uses it sometimes to watch films but that's very rare. I don't mind the cost especially since I use it every day before I go to sleep to watch TV shows. They have a decent collection and I'm happy to pay for it.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
It depends. Netflix charges £5.99 per month for a one device subscription. Streaming services like this one can start to become a waste of money when you start to run out of shows and movies which you are interested in.

Joshua Farrell

Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
With me, it really depends on what I am in the mood to watch. But I believe it is worth it, so long as you pay attention to the stuff they are adding or removing, on a monthly basis. There are a few movies and shows that are on there, that I can't find elsewhere to watch, without paying an arm and a leg for.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
If you do not use it it is a waste of money. I have Netflix and it’s watched daily. Also Amazon Prime but I never watch it. It’s great for free next day delivery.