Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Can you be bought?

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
If you were in a presidential race, a competition, or a contest and someone offered you thousands of dollars just to quit so the other person could win, would you take the money?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
No. If i go into a competition is for trying to win aye? i won't sell my soul for a few bucks.

I see this a lot in Chess tournaments sadly.

S

salma

No i wouldn't even think it why did i get into the competition in the first place, wasn't it to get the ultimate price? if i took the money i would be accepting defeat and also calling myself a failure. Sometimes money blinds us and that is how many of us end up loosing good opportunities in life and blame it on people.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Kind of depends on my motive for being in the competition in the first place. If I'm doing it to compete for prize money, then I'd consider it. However, if I was doing it for glory (or to please the people who were supporting me), then I wouldn't betray them like that.