Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Sticky Chit Chat Lounge

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Grand Theft Auto perhaps? lol
That's all you can think of, Well you aren't the first to say that in the last two weeks LOL I had one guy that ask me about it and other than that he doesn't watch me until I do GTA Roleplaying.

Hype on that then.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Not much, just working on a few things.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
My new project and trying to tidy up some things with RTS

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have a little catching up to do. How is everybody doing?
Not too bad. You?

First day of work went well. Got a lot of training to do of course. I'm going to be a little less active for the next 2-3 days but hopefully I'll be back to normal and chatting with everyone again after that ;)

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Not too bad. You?

First day of work went well. Got a lot of training to do of course. I'm going to be a little less active for the next 2-3 days but hopefully I'll be back to normal and chatting with everyone again after that ;)
That's good, hopefully it turns out to be enjoyable so it's not a pain getting up and going to work everyday haha.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Hey there everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I am getting ready to get back to work tomorrow after a week of vacation. We had some pretty strong storms move through the area yesterday afternoon and it actually spawned 3 tornados, luckily nobody was injured and damage wasn't too severe (unlike the tornados we had 2 years ago in my area).

I hope everyone is ready to kick off August!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Oh no, glad to hear everyone is okay! Hopefully the damage was minimal as well!

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Oh no, glad to hear everyone is okay! Hopefully the damage was minimal as well!
From what I saw on the news it's just a lot of brush and a few homes had some damage. Unfortunate for those affected for sure, but it could've been a whole lot worse. I was about an hour away when it hit and was sitting on a patio socializing with some friends while the storm blew over. Actually, we caught just the edge and the wind was pretty darn fierce. I would say the closest tornado from me was about 20 minutes away and they didn't stay on the ground very long. So far the meteorologists are classifying them as EF-0's so it definitely could've been a whole lot worse.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
That's definitely true. Unfortunately we get all sorts of nasty tornadoes in the midwest where I'm from.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
How haven't I seen it from your viewpoint? There is no requirement for a business to cater to you because you can simply go somewhere else and eat. Yes, it's unfortunate that your family picked somewhere without vegan options.

They have a menu that they pick and choose, it's kind of similar to message boards and online communities, that fills a niche. They do not have to change their menu to cater to everyone. They could decide to say, cook hot dogs or chili, and that's what they're known for and stick to because it works. If a restaurant diversifies and increases their menu too much then they also have to factor in the increased costs of the materials for the extra items.

If a restaurant serves vegetables (which most do) then they can certainly serve vegan dishes. There's no extra cost involved, just using a little imagination. A good chef knows how to provide for multiple types of dietary requirements.

I once went to a cafe with my parents (was unplanned visit) and couldn't find anything suitable on the menu. The waitress got the chef and he personally spoke to me and asked what I liked. He made me a lovely stir fry out of the vegetables he had available that even my parents were impressed with. That's how easy it is.

I didn't say there was a requirement but in this day and age it is not smart business to not have vegan options on the menu. There are multiple dishes already on the menu that can be made vegan quite easily. Just remove or replace certain items.

If KFC (which literally is just chicken in multiple forms) can do it, there really is no excuse for a pub not to.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
If a restaurant serves vegetables (which most do) then they can certainly serve vegan dishes. There's no extra cost involved, just using a little imagination. A good chef knows how to provide for multiple types of dietary requirements.

I once went to a cafe with my parents (was unplanned visit) and couldn't find anything suitable on the menu. The waitress got the chef and he personally spoke to me and asked what I liked. He made me a lovely stir fry out of the vegetables he had available that even my parents were impressed with. That's how easy it is.

I didn't say there was a requirement but in this day and age it is not smart business to not have vegan options on the menu. There are multiple dishes already on the menu that can be made vegan quite easily. Just remove or replace certain items.

If KFC (which literally is just chicken in multiple forms) can do it, there really is no excuse for a pub not to.
Again, I understand what you're saying; but, it's not yours or our decision to make. The pub makes the final call and if the chef decides he doesn't want to make vegan dishes, that's his decision. *shrugs*

Aeowulf

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
aeowulf.com
Hubux
$961
Winbux
$0.00

Agreed. This drives me crazy. So hard to find decent options anywhere. Whenever we find decent vegan options, we load up on the business to support it. I drive past 4 sushi restaurants to order from the ONE in the area that has quality vegetable rolls. We've bought ~$40 worth of sushi there 12 times in the past month. Its definitely been in their best interest to provide these options.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

It's not great. The thing with KFC though is that they are large enough to worry about vegan options because they want to attract customers like you and they can afford to try it out. I presume some pubs are reluctant about it because they feel like they would be wasting their time trying to satisfy just a few people.

It's annoying. The way the cafe handled your visit was great and they probably started doing vegan options after that as well (hopefully). It's a shame that other restaurants/pubs are most likely reluctant to do something like that.

Hi how are you all
Great, thanks. Loving the sunshine over here in London at the moment. How are you doing :)?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Great, thanks. Loving the sunshine over here in London at the moment. How are you doing :)?
I'm glad to hear it! I'm also great thanks! Just doing forum stuff!