Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Creating your own games

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Has anyone here tried to make their very own game? And if so, can we have a go?

When I was younger and slightly addicted to Club Penguin, I always wanted to build something like it. But unfortunately, I had no idea how to start so that plan went down the drain :(

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
RPG Maker VX looks quite cool actually. I wish I had come across software like that when I was younger, it looks to be something that makes the game development process a lot easier.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
That’s one of the pros and cons with RPG Maker, anyone can make a game with the software.
I'm guessing one of the cons you're talking about is that because anyone can make one, you get a lot of games that are similar. Especially when most people will probably just use the free resources provided by RPG Maker.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,490
Winbux
$0.00
I'm guessing one of the cons you're talking about is that because anyone can make one, you get a lot of games that are similar. Especially when most people will probably just use the free resources provided by RPG Maker.
That, and games that just aren’t very good, because you can also just as easily crap out a mostly functioning game.

Thats why the software has a bad reputation. It’s like a landfill of bad games made with no effort. Which is a shame when the software is very powerful.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I did think about picking up RPG Maker on the Switch but haven't got around to it yet, just don't know whether I'll put that many hours into it.