Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you ever feel like giving up?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I keep hoping people will come back to message boards now that COVID has encouraged people to stay indoors.
It worked for me!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It worked for me!

giphy.gif

Now we just have to hope others see the error in their ways and come back too.

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
Ultimately forums are hard to run. One way to avoid getting demotivated is to have low cost hosting so in the slow months you aren’t losing as much money on the plan.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
All the time. It's only natural but if you give up you're never going to be successful. I've considered giving up on Chillerr more times than I can remember, but I'm still hanging in there!

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Definitely feel like giving up now. Looked into moving to another host but that host wasn't as good as it seemed. Broken add ons, simple things missing, a lot of faffing about to edit forum backside.

Think I might just give up on foruming in general. To old, ill and depressed to deal with it.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Ultimately forums are hard to run. One way to avoid getting demotivated is to have low cost hosting so in the slow months you aren’t losing as much money on the plan.

What about those of us on free forum plans? No money loss. Just time and energy wasted.

All the time. It's only natural but if you give up you're never going to be successful. I've considered giving up on Chillerr more times than I can remember, but I'm still hanging in there!

But you're selling it now?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Something I have learned is that administration in anything should be a long term commitment.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I think about 6 years is a pretty long time to waste one's energies on something and end up failing miserably. Every other site I've admined where there's been other staff I've always been the last one to try and make things work. It just sucks the fun out of running forums after a while.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
So how's it going @Chel ? Are you still keeping on with your site?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
several times, but I kept trudging through it and now my site is nearly 13 years old with a decent core activity.
I actually forgot about GL and then popped on it, realized I had forgotten my password and had to do a recovery.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
So how's it going @Chel ? Are you still keeping on with your site?

Slowly - the TT one is still a bit dead apart from a few posts in member only forums. I haven't made any more progress with the mybb one yet as been sleeping to much to go on the laptop. Meant to go on it yesterday but staying up till 4 in the morning the night before playing videogames with friends meant I ended up sleeping most of the day.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
ooohhhhh I gave up on a forum I had all right. I deleted it and have never owned a forum since. I felt like I bit off more than I could chew. It took up a lot of time that I didn't have. So yeah....I don't regret it. It was a learning experience.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
ooohhhhh I gave up on a forum I had all right. I deleted it and have never owned a forum since. I felt like I bit off more than I could chew. It took up a lot of time that I didn't have. So yeah....I don't regret it. It was a learning experience.
How long did you have it for? sounds like not long at all lol

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
if you dod have time might be a different ball game you know lol

Honestly I'd rather admin or mod for someone else. I was an admin on a forum that was sold and then deleted in 2016. If I'm administrating for another owner, then they're mainly the one doing the financing and all the promoting and advertising. I just police their forum and hang out with the members. That's what I mostly did after I deleted my forum. I went at it from a different approach. My little dream was just to be on staff and do tasks. I really liked that experience.