Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you refuse to hire Admins?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,443
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Do you refuse to hire anyone as Admin on your site?

On Christianity Haven, we don't hire anyone as Admin. It was our way of protecting the site, so we at one time created a Senior Moderator position, and he was the top dog out of the staff we had. Since then, we have dropped down to just one mod, and that's okay because we don't work a lot of reports, and when we do, I'm on it.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
One the forum I co-own we have myself and my other half who are admins and that is how it will stay. We do not feel comfortable hiring anyone else under the admin role for safety reasons as you never know what they could do with so much access.

We will allow people to be part of the tech side of things and allow them certain access if needed.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I did when I ran my own forum. I just made my friends moderators and that was it.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$887
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I don't believe I've ever operated like this. As someone who has owned/administrated a number of forums, I've found it very beneficial to have another voice in the room. Take FP for example. If I was the sole admin over there these last five years, I would have made a very large number of mistakes. There has been tons of times where I needed another individual to consult with before making a rash decision.