Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you Remember the Walkman?

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
Hey DH Family

I hope you are all doing well ?

Do you remember the Walkman ?

The Walkman was a Portable CD Player were you listened to CD's on the go (Pictured below)

79791308.jpg

I remember owning one when I was a Kid and I thought it was amazing but then not long afterwards

Mp3 Players came out and the technology changed for the better

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Dude... I remember when the walkman was made for cassette tapes. lol I remember hooking up my portable CD player to my parents van using the tape adapter.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Hard to forget it when my Dad still uses his when he's in his workshop. lol

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
I remember a walkman that used cassettes as well as CDs. I even had a walkman that used cassette. I even had rechargeable batteries. I was and used to listen to my cousin's collections.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I used to have one for many years when I was a kid in middle / high school. I had several CD's that I would listen to. I really enjoyed it when they were popular.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,064
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I just called it a CD player. Never used this "Walkman" term. I've still got a yellow one somewhere, don't think it works. Not sure why I haven't thrown it away.
Oh it was the coolest thing in the world to have a Walkman at one point. Granted, that was when it was a cassette player and not a CD player. CD players were basically a dime a dozen before long. I remember wearing out players and discs in high school because I just didn't want to pay attention. Ah, the good ole days

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,484
Winbux
$0.00
I just called it a CD player. Never used this "Walkman" term.
The Walkman was more associated with portable cassette players. Sony’s Walkman was the most popular, so it became a generic used brand name for portable cassette players.

I think some of Sony’s early models of CD players were branded Walkman, but they also ended up branding them Discmans. I didnt know anyone that called the CD players Walkman, or even Discman.