Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Does having a blog help your forum?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,403
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I started a craft forum and I knew it would be slow in gaining new members but wonder if I should also start a blog and try to get followers to the blog first before encouraging them to join my forum? I have seen some other craft blogs that have followers showing on their page and a lot of them follow each other so there is a trust build up within their groups. It would be a lot of work to do blogging on top of everything else I am trying to do to promote my forum so is it really worth it?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Not really, just an extra thing to take care of and running a forum is a full time job if you really think about it. I entered into a partnership with a blog owner and that seems to work better.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
If you have the right niche for it, a blog can be extremely beneficial as an addition to your forum. The crafts niche is honestly a perfect one for a blog and could help bring in a lot of new users and visitors to your forum. It's definitely a lot of work but maybe you could ask some guest posters to contribute?