Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Forced agreements

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm not sure if everyone has come across this before but you do sometimes get sites that force you to "read" the terms and conditions and privacy policy of the site before you can use it. I don't mean during the registration process but usually, this occurs when there has been an update to the documents.

Have you come across this before?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yes, in fact when I do edit the agreements or have done changes to anything regards to that then IPB automatic has the box checked that makes people have to agree before using the site. Ash you may have to do it in the pass on Bayside if you recall. Hence you making this topic then hehehehe

But I remember that I did not force it twice. Once I was checking the spelling mistakes and editing the mistakes.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yes, in fact when I do edit the agreements or have done changes to anything regards to that then IPB automatic has the box checked that makes people have to agree before using the site. Ash you may have to do it in the pass on Bayside if you recall. Hence you making this topic then hehehehe

But I remember that I did not force it twice. Once I was checking the spelling mistakes and editing the mistakes.
I think I remember it on your site but it wasn't recent right? It was more of a general post and not because of Bayside lol.
I understand if its a legal thing, I know I will require if I make a major update to the rules. But some sites need to lay back on the enforcement.
Forgot about the legal side of it. I guess that is why some businesses like Uber Eats also inform you of T&C changes by email. Don't remember if they force you to accept the changes before using the app again though.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I think I remember it on your site but it wasn't recent right? It was more of a general post and not because of Bayside lol.
Was some years ago now. I have not edited or changed it at all since then.

I mean there is no need to do it right Xd

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I’ve come across that before. I can see sites doing it however, it never guarantees someone actually READS it. They just have to click I AGREE. To make it look more legit, you just need to set a timer for a couple of minutes if it’s more than one page.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It's annoying but yes I've come across this. I also find it exasperating when I click on a shared link to an article then being prompted to sign up for a subscription in order to read the rest of the article.